New XP Black Dahlia Patch

Some Germans just came up with this one last month.

I installed it and it actually works. SO far I haven't run into any problems.

For those of you who don't know this game. It was an FMV mystery from 1998 with excellent acting and what appears to be a great plot.

This is the first time I've actually been able to play it for more than 10 minutes without the thing crashing all over the place.

http://www.filefront.com/13970021/Black ... h-v03.exe/

Now if only they could come up with something for Dark Side of the Moon . . .
is just for xp, I actually only recently found a way for it to run in xp. Windows 95 compatabilty only for installation, also I found a post that edited the bd.ini file to stop the game spinning around when you moved the mouse. The cd were installed by daemon tools. I will however try this version to see how it goes.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I installed the patch, it has the image.cfg for multi processor which I had already installed, the bd.ini setings as the same as I had, made changes to video, less grainy, not sure if any improvement there.

Has the advantage for people for cd swapping. seems to be written by basti007 who used to frequent our forum.
Lynne
I actually didn't like that game. Too meticulous, too slow, the puzzles were just WAY too hard and took way too long to solve, just didn't have that "it factor" that all 5 of the Tex Murphy games have where they just suck you in and don't let you leave the keyboard.

Tex Murphy games feel like fun.

Black Dalhia felt like work.

Anyone disagree?
it is a hard game, you do need help with the puzzles,
I found the subtitles which you can't turn off are out of time with the game. did you find that.
Lynne
Finally got to play this game for a few hours.

Yeah, it's hard. Lots of pixel-hunting and some poor design. There are too many moments where you know what you want to do, but are limited by the interface.

It's certainly no Tex Murphy game, but I think I'll stick with it.

Example: the instruction manual says there's a .38 hidden under a notebook in a desk in your office, but damned if I can find it. The mouse interface is a little buggy and seems to be the biggest obstacle so far for me.

The acting, however, is excellent.
it's under the note pad, slide the page & you see it there.
Lynne
Thanks.

I would have never thought to hold down the mouse and slide it unless the icon changed to the sliding mouse icon. That's the kind of stuff I mean by poor design. I'll know better next time.

It does add a layer of depth to the interaction, though.
I found a way to get rid of the subtitles as I found they come on the screen either just before the voice or just after & it's spoiles the game. bd.ini file change from 1 to 0

the scan lines fix for the video makes it slightly blurry so I did an install on win 7 & didn't tell the program to change video's . had to set 256 colours for win 7 for it to work.
Lynne