Overseer on XP: What Thread?!?

Ok, all. . .

I want to run Overseer on my XP machine. I've seen several threads. Which one should I use/study? Can I use dosbox? Is it really as involved and confusing as it seems?

Thanks, friends.
Never too late for coffee, never too early for beer.
Nilo has complete instructions on his site along with the Patch installed in the config file that he offers...

Take warning, Overseer will still have rough patches and glitches... So far there is no Smooth Installation for Overseer...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I had Overseer running fine on XP, with one exception. It had something to do with navigating Gideon's mansion. I think it crashed when the cutscene with Tex using the pole on the chandelier was going to play, or something. Usually I could start the game right back up and when I used the option to continue play the game would have skipped it. And that was all. The rest went flawless.

'Course. That was my old computer which no longer exists. Haven't tried it on my new rig yet.

Or my Frankenstein.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!