Need help - again

A friend hooked me up with an older computer and installed win98 on it. Since then I have loaded and played TLJ and it works really good. However, after loading Overseer I started playing the game and ran into a problem. The FMV scenes at the beginning along with conversation choices worked good, but when I click on an item in Tex' office, the caption flashes VERY quickly and I cannot hear Tex say the words. What causes that and better yet how can I fix that problem? Thank you!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Did you Download and install the Patch that was released for Overseer??? Not sure if it fixes that problem or not, but if there is a Patch and you don't have it installed, it can't hurt...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Good question, but bad news. The computer is NOT internet ready. I got it strictly to play UAKM, PD and TMO. Thanks for the input anyway.
Jim the old guy wrote:Good question, but bad news. The computer is NOT internet ready. I got it strictly to play UAKM, PD and TMO. Thanks for the input anyway.
This is probably the problem then. You need to get the patch. Download the patch to an internet ready computer. Then burn it onto a disc. Then you'll have the patch.
lotus_j wrote:
Jim the old guy wrote:Good question, but bad news. The computer is NOT internet ready. I got it strictly to play UAKM, PD and TMO. Thanks for the input anyway.
This is probably the problem then. You need to get the patch. Download the patch to an internet ready computer. Then burn it onto a disc. Then you'll have the patch.
I was gonna say the same thing, Or you could temporarily connect the Win98 to the Internet, if you have the needed Software installed...

But let me add on lotus' post by saying, download any patches for UAKM and PD while you're at it, along with any other older games you plan on running... This way every time you install a new game, you won't be turning around and burning a new disc just for the one Patch file... Before you know it you'll end up with 20 discs all with one little file on them... Can be a waste and costly depending on what you pay for RW-CDs...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Thank both of you for your suggestions. I will do that soon and let you know what happened.