Bad News :( - The Adventure Gaming Expo has been canceled

For what it was worth....
dateMon, May 12, 2008 at 7:25 PM
subjectYour payment has been refunded
mailed-bypaypal.com
signed-bypaypal.com

hide details 7:25 PM (21 hours ago) Reply

Dear Jen Dupre,

Malinche Entertainment Corporation ([email protected]) has issued you a full or partial refund for your payment.

Message from merchant:
Thank you for believing but, alas, Adventure Gaming Expo is not to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Original Payment Details

Date Payment Sent: Apr. 21, 2008

Amount: $99.00 USD

Sincerely,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

I paid my money, was hoping for the chance.
According to Howard from the AGE {Adventure Gaming Expo}, the Borgata, the hotel in which this was happening, wanted a hefty down payment which was not refundable... And from their point of view, not enough people had given up the ticket money, so they saw no since in continuing this...

I asked if they'll try for another place and another time of year, but this guy Howard doesn't seem to be putting much emotion behind his emails, makes me wonder if he even cares... He doesn't seem disappointed about the cancelation...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Hard to show emotion in an email.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Bafitis wrote:but this guy Howard doesn't seem to be putting much emotion behind his emails, makes me wonder if he even cares... He doesn't seem disappointed about the cancelation...
Maybe he's trying to maintain a cool exterior... :?
Why cant they just let everyone pay for hotel rooms individually?
freepizza wrote:Hard to show emotion in an email.
Not really, look at the Emotion we show on this board day in and day out... Email him, you'll see what I mean... His words seem almost computer generated...

Bjyman wrote:Why cant they just let everyone pay for hotel rooms individually?
It wasn't about Hotel rooms, you did have to pay for your own hotel room... It had to do with the money the hotel wanted for the Expo to use the Conference Rooms and other rooms that they would need for an event like this...
The hotel wanted a lot of money and the Expo just hadn't gotten a big enough return from the Fans to invest it...
So that's the reason they are giving us, anyway...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I remember hearing the saying that Las Vegas is where all the washed up celebrities end up trickling out to after their careers drop the ball, and when I read the post announcing that the expo was going on, I couldn't help but think that most of these developers were either out of business and the convention was advertising many games of yesteryear. Nothing says that adventure gaming is comatose quite like realizing that the best of was released a decade ago.

Still, it sucks when you want to make plans to something that might just so happen to be cool and then it gets canceled because of lack of interest/funding. A friend of mine and myself were planning on hitting up a Video Games Live concert only to get our money back. Well, all of our money except for the ticket master fee.
My blog:
http://nvracar.wordpress.com/
Vracar wrote:A friend of mine and myself were planning on hitting up a Video Games Live concert only to get our money back. Well, all of our money except for the ticket master fee.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get another chance.
I went to Video Games Live back in 2006 when it hit London. Was quite cool. I didnt know it came to London again though in 2007 and it still says "TBA" for 2008. However I think they need to change the lineup of songs more.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Here's something y'all might not have thought about: The event was going to take place at the same time as DragonCon in Atlanta! http://www.dragoncon.org/

Hardcore nerds only have so much time and money, and from what I've heard, DragonCon is awesome.
Bafitis wrote:
freepizza wrote:Hard to show emotion in an email.
Not really, look at the Emotion we show on this board day in and day out... Email him, you'll see what I mean... His words seem almost computer generated...

Bjyman wrote:Why cant they just let everyone pay for hotel rooms individually?
It wasn't about Hotel rooms, you did have to pay for your own hotel room... It had to do with the money the hotel wanted for the Expo to use the Conference Rooms and other rooms that they would need for an event like this...
The hotel wanted a lot of money and the Expo just hadn't gotten a big enough return from the Fans to invest it...
So that's the reason they are giving us, anyway...

Perhaps
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Howard Email wrote: -----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:33 PM
To: Bafitis
Subject: Re: AG Expo

Michael,

Maybe, but not because of me. Burning through a month of my life last year and this year trying to put this together is enough for me.

"I'm done."

Lots of luck to the next chap who tries!

Howard Sherman
Implementor
Get Inside a Story.
http://www.malinche.net
That's the last email I got from him... I asked if there was any chance of it happening another time or place, this was his response...

That sucks I was going to go and was in the process of finding out if a friend of mine wanted to come :( .
--------------------------------------------------
Pandora Directive Install Guide:
http://www.glennsguides.com/2007/07/cla ... ndora.html

Under A Killing Moon Install Guide:
http://www.glennsguides.com/2007/07/cla ... lling.html
--------------------------------------------------
Well that sucks, I can certainly say that even though I never had the chance to participate. Sorry guys :(