Need UAKM replacement disks? Perhaps I can help

My beloved orginial copy of Under a Killing Moon :( died the other day. That is I broke disk 2 anway.

So my loss is your gain, if you have had a similar problem and need a replacement disk 1, 3 or 4 then I will gladly give another tex fan a hand.

For only 199,999,999.00 you too can have one of my disks!
(insert anvil falling on McDonis's head)

Ok ok ok, you can have it for free.
What is the legal status of UAKM through Overseer? I realise that MM and MS are abandonware, but have the latest games been released as such? All I know is they are not being produced any longer...

If there are no legal or moral issues I would be quite happy to put an ISO of UAKM disc 2 online for you to download.
ExaKun wrote:What is the legal status of UAKM through Overseer? I realise that MM and MS are abandonware, but have the latest games been released as such? All I know is they are not being produced any longer...

If there are no legal or moral issues I would be quite happy to put an ISO of UAKM disc 2 online for you to download.
When it comes to Abandonware the law and reality are two different things. No matter how old it is and wheither or not its being supported is completely irrevelant legaly. If the title is copywrited (which the tex games are) then it is illegal to distribute them on a site. However reality says that if the company that supported the game is out of business or the creators have specificly said its ok then most likely the law isnt going to go after you. Although the ESA (previous IDSA) will if they find you or get a complaint about you.

As for your offer I appreciate that. However I actually have 4 different copys of the game. I was just offering to other tex fans a replacement disk for 1, 3, 4 since my number 2 is now broke. (no since keeping an incomplete set).
My disc 4 of uakm, for some reason, has a severe smudge, something that won't seem to go away, and it keeps me from playing. I'm darn sure we have 2-3 copies of it somewhere in my house, my brothers and my father all love the series as well and they've bought their own copies.

~Keck
litlkeck wrote:My disc 4 of uakm, for some reason, has a severe smudge, something that won't seem to go away, and it keeps me from playing. I'm darn sure we have 2-3 copies of it somewhere in my house, my brothers and my father all love the series as well and they've bought their own copies.

~Keck

No problem

If you need a disk 4 just send me a personal message on this board and we can talk specifics there.