Looking for boxed PC games

I'd like to know what makes some people think these things are worth that much??? Even us has Devoted Fans think these prices are outrageous... So what makes these sellers think they are worth that... It's Crazy...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
It's people who just don't realize they are stupid
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
But it's like that with a lot of things...

You go from store to store to store to store... The same thing you are looking for only varies by a dollar at most between all the stores... Who decides that, that is the price for that Item???

Just goes to show you it will never be a free world as long as there are little groups of people who sit around a table and decide things for everyone else...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I have an original Mean Streets 5.25 Floppy Disk version with original box and the Private eye mystery collection with original Box (Both Opened -- But in Very Good Shape) I would be willing to sell both of them as a st for $50.00 -- would anyone be interested?
TexMexSalsa wrote:I have an original Mean Streets 5.25 Floppy Disk version with original box and the Private eye mystery collection with original Box (Both Opened -- But in Very Good Shape) I would be willing to sell both of them as a st for $50.00 -- would anyone be interested?

hell yes I would be interested. send me a private message sometime and we'll discuss the logistics.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
I'd be interested as well, but I'll let Adnin field this one... :wink:

If you ever dig out that sealed mean streets pm me I'd definitely be interested.
--------------------------------------------------
Pandora Directive Install Guide:
http://www.glennsguides.com/2007/07/cla ... ndora.html

Under A Killing Moon Install Guide:
http://www.glennsguides.com/2007/07/cla ... lling.html
--------------------------------------------------
These games are abandon ware and can be downloaded from Underdog.com

Just so you know.
It's a Collector Thing... We like having the Games in the Original Boxes and whatnot... Anyone Can Download the games, but for most part over 80% of the older games and/or boxes were most likely destroyed, so some gain a little bit of pleasure out of acquiring these...

Bafitis wrote:It's a Collector Thing... We like having the Games in the Original Boxes and whatnot... Anyone Can Download the games, but for most part over 80% of the older games and/or boxes were most likely destroyed, so some gain a little bit of pleasure out of acquiring these...
The CD collections however are not original. You can easily just download the 4 games and legally do so.

The old games for collector's are one thing and you should expect to pay a collector's price. I have the first amazing spider man comic in a safety deposit box (bought for $1,000 when I was 13) and COLLECTORS pay top dollar for things.

So that is why they go for so much on E-Bay. If you just want to PLAY the game, they're available.
Usually people are referring to the Floppy Disk Games when they are looking for them in the Original Boxes...

Collectors value is determined by availability. Supply and demand baby. Laws of economics. People charge outrageous prices based on what they feel is an availability of an item. If they think you can't find their item somewhere else, then they will jack up the price knowing that someone out there may want it bad enough to bite on the price. Take for instance Pandora. You're a fool if you pay more than $20 for a complete copy of it because there are always copies of it available. However, $50 for a copy of mean streets complete is not a bad price at all because you just cannot find that.

Comic books are the same way. If you have an out of print issue of a spiderman comic, it's going to sell at a very high price everytime regardless. And why, because the chances of you finding it is slim to none.
Two lines of thought:

1. Someone once said: "There's a sucker born every minute."

2. On the other hand, some people just want, desire, have to have the originals. If they have the $$$ and are willing to part with it, happy hunting!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Well spoken. I think I'm going to sell my collection off. Any takers?
My whole point is simply if all you're interested in is the GAME, then it can be found on the internet (Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum) as they're abandon ware.

No need to pay top dollar unless you're a collector looking for a pretty shrink wrapped box with no plans of opening the box.