Looking for boxed PC games

lotus_j wrote: No need to pay top dollar unless you're a collector looking for a pretty shrink wrapped box with no plans of opening the box.
Which a lot of Us Own and others are in search for...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
lotus_j wrote:My whole point is simply if all you're interested in is the GAME, then it can be found on the internet (Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum) as they're abandon ware.

No need to pay top dollar unless you're a collector looking for a pretty shrink wrapped box with no plans of opening the box.

I understand your point completely. And this shouldn't be a "but" statement...you know....like if I were to respond with "I agree...you can get the game easily just to play, but I want to collect the originals to have."

Both points are very well spoken and noted. We all know we don't have to pay ridiculous ebay prices just to enjoy tex murphy. however, if you want to collect the games, then you will have to pay those prices.

End of discussion. :o)
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
adninsreaction wrote:
lotus_j wrote:My whole point is simply if all you're interested in is the GAME, then it can be found on the internet (Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum) as they're abandon ware.

No need to pay top dollar unless you're a collector looking for a pretty shrink wrapped box with no plans of opening the box.

I understand your point completely. And this shouldn't be a "but" statement...you know....like if I were to respond with "I agree...you can get the game easily just to play, but I want to collect the originals to have."

Both points are very well spoken and noted. We all know we don't have to pay ridiculous ebay prices just to enjoy tex murphy. however, if you want to collect the games, then you will have to pay those prices.

End of discussion. :o)
I'm just wanting to save people money who are looking for the games to PLAY.

I understand you collectors.

It's just most people don't know the games are free and downloadable LEGALLY.
Oh yeah...you're right about that. Most people are clueless to that. Which is why we have this wonderful community to help everyone get on the right track.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
I've always owned them, so I wasn't aware that they had been classified as Abandonware... I was under the impression that they were still copyrighted just like the other 3...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Bafitis wrote:I've always owned them, so I wasn't aware that they had been classified as Abandonware... I was under the impression that they were still copyrighted just like the other 3...
Abandonware is software that hasn't been published in X years (I believe 7) and the company that owns the rights has done nothing to defend them. Many games fall under that category.

However a lot of games don't. Many companies like LucasArts release a version of some sort every X years and defend their copyright.

The copyright is there, it just wasn't defended for X years. Thus the term abandoned.

Many abandon ware sites put titles up just to see if they will hear anything. If they never do it's abandoned.
I don't feel that copyrights should expire myself... But whatever... Maybe we as a community should buy the rights from Take-2... :lol:

Bafitis wrote:I don't feel that copyrights should expire myself... But whatever... Maybe we as a community should buy the rights from Take-2... :lol:
Well you can't. They're abandoned. It's free to the public now. The copyright didn't expire. It was abandoned. Meaning that X had its copyright violated. A owns the rights. A ignored the violation repeatedly to the point that it was considered abandoned.

Personally I have no issues with it. The games aren't for sale now. So for the person wanting to go through DOSBOX hassles, they can download the games, play them, and enjoy them.

You guys paying absurd prices for a collection, that doesn't go to the creators either. In fact ordering on E-Bay copies of UAKM, PD, and OverSeer don't go to the pockets of Take 2 or the creators. So what DrPaul is doing (sending the games to people who send him flashcards) is fine with me too.

If we should be trying to do anything it's contacting Take 2 and convincing them to port UAKM, PD, and Overseer to XP/360/PS3/whatever. The limited money for XP & 360 would be well worth it, imho.
Buy or trade, hm? Well, I gots some good loots up for trade. Lemme hear from ya what you're primarily interested in, alright?

Mebbe we can score a deal.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!