I can't get windows XP nor Vista to recognise my Tex Murphy

I cannot run my tex Murphy games on XP nor Vista. Does anyone know a secret that I need to run them or can you tell me what components I need to put together as a Retro computer so that I may load and play at will?
Thanks
Jim
[email protected]
Find the board member Nilo on this page and go to his website...everything you need is right there..the man is a god.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
searched the page no nilo can you give me an e-mail address for him?
This is Nilo's Site, everything you need should be there...

http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Thank you Baf...I haven't been on the computer in awhile so I couldn't respond....For those of you who don't know, Baf is my wingman. We go to bars and stuff all the time and he's always taking the ugly chick for me. He sure is a swell.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Which games are you talking about. They're on CD, right?

For UAKM and Pandora, get DOSBOX. Easy, breezy, beautiful.

If you're talking about Overseer... Overseer makes me cry :cry:
Strange. I've never had any problems with Overseer in XP. Vista however, blows. Avoid it is my advice.

What kind of XP do you run? 32 or 64?

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Same problem with Overseer. I followed "Nilo's Path" like it was said in "The Book of Predictions" that the man on the hill gave me.

My screen goes 640x480 but just after it goes back to my usual resolution and I get a nice error message from XP. It does exactly the same with "Grim Fandango" (I can see the movie intro still but it crashes when you should be able to play).

I'm missing those games...
sory 4 da spayling: im franch!

check my myspace before this site dies from his mutations ...
http://www.myspace.com/thetoycommander