Looking for Novels

i'm_melting_i'm_melting wrote:Cheer up SeuLunga. No need to go apeshit.
Could be worse, people could be slagging you off. :)
Just a bit off topic for a sec: I noticed your Quake avater... you had a chance to play Q4 yet?... I recently bought a copy for a friend's birthday and was considering buying it myself... if you have had a chance to play it how would you rate it?

-Cub. =o)
Not yet. Doesn't look to me like there's much there except a nice pretty tech demo to me (like Doom 3 was). Maybe I'm being picky but FPSs haven't made me excited enough to buy them since...1996? Nothing new to do, sub-par storylines and unappealing characters mean there isn't much in the way of immersion (especially if you don't have a surround sound setup). Not even the Half-Life series has stirred my interest. There has to be more you can do as a character from a first person perspective than blast things with guns. Trespasser tried and failed, and the latest id Software and Valve releases have been used mainly for benchmarking and gfx hardware bundling. Go figure.

Meantime, my tastes have swayed to RPGs and other adventure game titles. Since the Tex hiatus my hunger for stories, challenges and characters has overshadowed all else. Well, except maybe Pacific Fighters. :wink:
LOL I see this post isn't really about novels anymore. :P That's okay--leave it to me to rein it back in! hehe Any news on the PDF unpublished novel being hosted somewhere?? I'm dying to read it!

~Ri
Don't rein it back in yet!!! Leave it alone to roam free over hill and dale before captivity does horr....

...actually, good idea. Go ahead and rein it in.
lol I'm trying! *Grabs the reins* On Dasher! On Dancer! On Prancer!!! ...umm...yeah, okay, wait...I'm trying to rein it back into my obsession with the books and wanting to read more, especially since I can't play the games now. lol Oops!

So anyone who is able to, please keep us (me) posted on the status of hosting this book! Thanks!!

~Ri
I have a question for those of you who own the novels and it is: who published them? The thing is that I found one on eBay that was published by Prima but have they published both "real" literature and guides? I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Oh, I'm new here by the way. Hello everybody.
sponny wrote:I have a question for those of you who own the novels and it is: who published them? The thing is that I found one on eBay that was published by Prima but have they published both "real" literature and guides? I don't want to buy the wrong thing.

Oh, I'm new here by the way. Hello everybody.
Welcome...

Yes the books were published by Prima Lifestyles whereas the strategy guides for games are published by Prima Games. Different divisions of the same parent company. Although I believe only Prima Games exists now.

Just be sure to double check what you are buying. There were strategy guides for UAKM & Pandora published by Prima Games....
"Frankie says 'Relax and wear a Hawaiian shirt' ". --Tex Murphy, PI
Thanks for the welcome.

Well, I've found a few Pandora paperbacks on eBay and with my luck the sellers only ship within the US. Guess I'll have to keep looking.
"Beer is proof that God exists and wants us to be happy."
sponny wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

Well, I've found a few Pandora paperbacks on eBay and with my luck the sellers only ship within the US. Guess I'll have to keep looking.
What about this option.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... oding=UTF8

The listing for bankofbooks (third one on the list) and thebookhivedotnet (fifth on the list) state they will ship internationally....
"Frankie says 'Relax and wear a Hawaiian shirt' ". --Tex Murphy, PI
Hey gents and germs!

I don't post much, but I do enjoy reading all your fine posts! I really ought to drop in more often though as all the fun stuff happens when I don't. Anyways, just wondering if someone could e-mail me the PDFs of these wonderful novels? Thanks a bunch!

Travis

Oh, here's my e-mail: [email protected]
Gunslinger wrote:What about this option.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... oding=UTF8

The listing for bankofbooks (third one on the list) and thebookhivedotnet (fifth on the list) state they will ship internationally....
Thanks for the tip. I didn't even think about Amazon.
"Beer is proof that God exists and wants us to be happy."
First and foremost, a hearty welcome to sponny and theclarkster!! We are very happy to have two more members of the Tex family.

PDFs are on the way clarkster! What about you, sponny? If you wish to have both books in PDF, just leave your email address here or send me an email: [email protected]
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Thanks for the welcome! I got those books and will be delving into reading them shortly... Once I finish with the other books on my list. Anyways, I was introduced to Tex Murphy by my uncle, Jon Clark (the same who was sound designer for the company), who gave me copies of both UAKM and TPD when Access Software became Microsoft Games. He was my info line up until the bitter end when he told me that the company was sold. Perhaps he can shed a little light as to what the current status is on the rights to the games. Anywho, i'll try to jump in here more often to join in on the excitement. Thanks again!

Travis
John Clark. Hmmm. Cool.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I just bought the novels for Under A Killing Moon and The Pandora Directive at Amazon. Just received UAKM and are halfway through, good reading :D But about this Overseer-novel, does anybody have an pdf of it? Would love to get my hands on it...