Looking for Novels

How can i get copy's of the novels Pandora Directive and Under a Killing Moon?
Two ways:
1. We have them in PDF and can email them to you, or;

2. I can get you a copy of PD for a very reasonable price. Send me an email to: [email protected]
Put Tex Murphy books in the subject line. UAKM is far more difficult to obtain. I have a copy but no extras. Sorry.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
can u send me the novel in pdf format to [email protected].

Many thanx,

ps. about the book, maybe in the near future :)
Are there any books besides these 2?? I bought Pandora Directive years ago, and just recently bought Under a Killing Moon for almost $40. I wanted the actual book. It's very hard to find...I wish that Overseer was a novel though--or any of the other games for that matter. Is there something I'm missing or am I right and there are only 2 novels?

~Ri
Jim wrote an "unofficial" Overseer novelization. Hopefully James will post it for download on the new site. It's been a long while since I've read it. What do you think Jim? Want to reissue it in a PDF? I remember it being really good.

Yeah, the prices are pretty insane for UAKM. They've actually gone down. A few years ago, you would never seen them listed for less than $100. Was the print run 25% of Pandora or something like that?
Anywho, 40 bucks, not too bad. Break it down by hours of enjoyment, it's a HUGE deal! (but of course I'm biased) :oops:

Jen
Yeah Jim... I went looking for your novelisation the other day for another read and could not find it... perhaps you could send it my way and I will host it for the moment until James updates his site? >> cubase1 [at] optusnet [dot] com [dot] au.

-Cub. =o)
Oh wow!!! I would definitely love to read that! If anyone has updates on this being available, please post on the forum! I'll keep my eyes open. :)

And yes, I agree that UAKM was a bargain. I see Pandora available for for under $10 now, and a few years back I bought that for the same price as I just got UAKM for. I guess the books fluctuate in price according to demand or amount in circulation after they're no longer in print.

I can't wait to get my copy in the mail. lol I feel like a kid at Christmas, even if I played the game all the way through already a long time ago. lol Nothing like a great novel by a great author! :-D

~Ri
Two ways:
That is absolutly 1337 how did u do that?
Hey, Shelf - what does 1337 mean? Sorry, I'm an old guy and out of it most of the time. :D
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
It is a numeric representation of the word "LEET" which is an abbreviation of the word "ELITE"... so in net-lingo it means Totally Awesome or Highly Professional.

The process of changing the word LEET to 1337 is called "leetifying" text by replcing normal characters with super techno ones... so this whole post would be:

Ït ïs ã nûm3®ï© ®3Þ®3s3ntãtï0n 0f th3 w0®d "L33T" whï©h ïs ãn ãbb®3vïãtï0n 0f th3 w0®d "3LÏT3"... s0 ïn n3t-|ïng0 ït m3ãns T0tã||ý Ãw3s0m3 0® Hïgh|ý P®0f3ssï0nã|.

Or:

17 1s 4 num3r1c r3pr3s3n74710n 0ph 7h3 //0rd "l337" //h1ch 1s 4n 4bbr3v14710n 0ph 7h3 //0rd "3l173"... s0 1n n37-l1ng0 17 m34ns 7074lly 4//3s0m3 0r h1ghly pr0ph3ss10n4l.

:wink:

Next weeks lesson: how to say: "you're stepping on my cheese sandwich" in 'Ikabo7'... :lol: ...Gloiben!

-Cub. =o)
What? Shelf's post is a spam bot. It's nonsense. I go with the earlier poster to ban him asap.

Jen
Jen wrote:What? Shelf's post is a spam bot. It's nonsense. I go with the earlier poster to ban him asap.

Jen
Hmmm. by jolly I think you're right... I dunno how to say this Jim, but we have just been fooled by some nasty A.I! :shock:

Quick... everybody into the bunker! They are self aware!!!

-Cub. =o)
I was just about to report shelf to James. :o Guess I'm not the only one who noticed. :D
Three of those bots dropped by a forum I run too in recent months... so annoying :?

Anyway, on topic - Even if you've played the games and know the story the novels are a treat. I like first perspective narration books and in that respect it does give you more access to Tex's ways of thinking and describing things which is always fun!

I hope you have fun reading! :D
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Sai wrote:I was just about to report shelf to James. :o Guess I'm not the only one who noticed. :D
Three of those bots dropped by a forum I run too in recent months... so annoying :?

Anyway, on topic - Even if you've played the games and know the story the novels are a treat. I like first perspective narration books and in that respect it does give you more access to Tex's ways of thinking and describing things which is always fun!

I hope you have fun reading! :D
I already did on a thread at the miscellaneous board.
It seems no one payed attention :(.
"Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope" - by me.

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."
Cheer up SeuLunga. No need to go apeshit.
Could be worse, people could be slagging you off. :)