Tesla Effect - really strange screen issue

I re-installed Tesla last night on the same computer in the same directory (via Steam) and now when I load the game up it opens in a small window in the middle of the screen. When I enlarge it to full screen, the game has two thick vertical lines either side of it which cuts off the sides of the picture. So, when I go to the menu I cannot alter any of the settings.

Has anyone encountered this? Tesla used to run fine prior to re-install.
joel,

steve@bigfinish has asked for any problems like this, send him a private message on BFG
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Will do, thanks :)
UPDATE: all fixed. Steve helped me with a set of very straight forward, easy to follow instructions. If anyone else is having this issue please do message him as per Plumgas' advice because it can be fixed.
what did he relate the issue to, I had a few ideas but it's good for steve to suggest a fix then he will know the fix when someone else gets it.
Lynne
Of all things it was actually related to the registry. For some reason Tesla Effect writes its settings into the registry so if you erase the game and re-install, it remains fixed on the former settings until the entry is removed from the registry. I've never had that happen. Odd but resolved. Looks great on my new monitor!
yes I run on a 28"4k monitor looks lovely
Lynne