Overseer graphical problems (Terrible graphics on my Win 8)

Hello guys,

First of all, I have posted the same question on GOG since I bought the game there. Nobody was able to answer me unfortunately.

I am running a Win 8 64 bits using a 710M Nvidia.

First, I launched the game and the fffdshow window poped up. I decided to not use fffdshow. Then the game launches with no video and then an error window from the game says something silly such as "error: no error were found". I decided to restart the game and used fffdshow this time. Video works fine but still the error window. Then I start to play and graphics in Tex's office are terrible. I can't even see my filling cabinets since they are transparent! It seems that the black colour has a real problem. I try to change the configuration and every time I get the "overseer.exe encountered a problem" the game then crashes.

I have attached two pictures to show you.

Any help would be appreciated :)

I have tried to run the game under on board graphics but it didn't change anything. Did try to run it using Win 95 capabilities. No luck either.
I had a similar problem. I solved it installing a previous version of the graphics' card driver. Hope that helps.
Thanks Ruben. No other way to fix it? It took me ages to update the drivers since it was a new laptop bought 2 months ago. And I have no idea which driver could work with overseer. It seems that it's not running well under Win 7 and 8.
Ruben is correct, video drivers can be a pain. Sometimes when the new drivers are released it'll affect some games and applications in a negative way but improve in others. You may have to bounce between driver packages.

I'm not sure which driver version works best with the nvidia 710m. You can install the previous version of the driver then test the game, if it doesn't work well try going back further into the archived drivers from nvidia.

It would be nice if we could install multiple video drivers and switch between them like a sandbox that only that driver will work in.

Wish I could've been more helpful.
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).
Hey there,

I have actually update to a newer version last week and I think graphics were even worse... I will try to install overseer on a Win7 laptop.