Overseer DVD, Overviewer, Crossover and Mac...!

Trying to extract video and audio from the DVD version of Overseer. Of course to complicate things I'm using a Mac (Lion) and can't remember the easy way to do this.

I have Overviewer and can view pictures but not the audio or video. I am using Crossover which is a Windows emulator, but that just freezes the game, and I know it's buggy enough - I'm just trying at this stage to get the video extracted more than anything else.

Any ideas?
David
bootcamp is your friend?
What do you mean by "extracting"? In the game DVD, get into the DATA folder. All the subfolders here (R01,R02,C01,C02 etc etc) contains some "oddly numbered" files. Most of these files are just renamed MPEG2 files :) I can watch'em simply by dragging them into VLC :) Some other files are audio files (SQSH format, probably the RSX audio encoding)
Bootcamp WAS my friend! :lol: I upgraded my hard drive and now it will only install Win7 and no earlier versions, so I've lost XP.

But renaming files is easy enough - thanks - I had tried just getting VLC to load them 'as was' and it wasn't working.

All good now - yay!
David
Demonlawyer wrote:Bootcamp WAS my friend! :lol:
Excellent. Love hearing good news. Glad I could help.
go to the video list in the downloads section & find the video files & its just a matter of renaming to .vob & presto play the video.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town