Overseer Help...please!!

Hello all. My name is Ron and I'm a Tex fan for life. I have recently downloaded Overseer from the GOG website and am having no luck running the actual program. My laptop is a brand new HP running windows 7. So far I can hear the ACCESS startup with no video (blank black screen). If I then hit CTRL>ESC, I can go back into the program and am at the start screen. However, at this point I have no mouse movement...ahhh! I would sincerely appreciate any help in this matter as I would love to start playing Tex games again soon.

Thanks to all who assist a fellow Tex Fan,

- Ron
welcome to the board & you have come to the right place for help,

the first thing you need to check is the gog folder/ overseer & then look for the tex.ini file.
In this file down towards the bottom you will see lock video , if it shows as =-1 if so remove the minus.

you have have to run as adminstrator for that file to save it.

if this doesn't work come back to me .
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Lock Video shows as =1

What next? I appreciate your help with this matter.

-Ron
what is your display adaptor on your lap top,
Lynne
Here is the just of my system info: (i have the complete DxDiag saved on my desktop)

Operating System: Windows 7 HP 64-bit
System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Processor: Intel Core i5
Display device: Mobile Inel HD Graphics
Manufacturer: ATI
Direct X Version 11
My graphics adapter is an AMD Radeon Catalyst
there are people that had problem with ATI cards in their desk tops, in your ati control panel which should be in your task bar try to close it. You may also need to run on one core for overseer also.

msconfig/advanced/click on 1 core & restart machine. to go back to 1 core just untick that & restart.
Lynne
Still having no luck. I am not sure if i am following all the steps properly but I beleive I switched the CPU to 1 processor and turned off my ATI card to no avail. I have a rep. at GOG reviewing my CPU info. to determine my best route now.

Is this going to happen with the other versions of Tex games too if I attempt to download them? I was really looking forward to playing them again :(
well you should no problems with pandora & killing moon.

its not turning off the card its just the conrol icon

I checked on gog community & other people did have the same error but anything I suggested didn't help. I do remember I got a blank screen but it had coloured lines across the screen & updating the driver corrected that issue, however that a nvidea card.

If you look over at gog you will see my posts.

PS ...........have you tried to update your driver, although its a new pc the driver could be really old.

good luck with support at gog, generally not much help. Anyway let me know how you are going with in.
Lynne
just checked my toshiba laptop & I have the catalyst control centre in the task bar with driver version 8.632
Lynne