Overseer Troubleshooting

Hi, I'm a new face to the community here, but a longtime fan of Tex, since "Under a Killing Moon" first came out. I've gotten nostalgic lately, and been looking up DOSBox solutions to problems running "Under a Killing Moon" and "The Pandora Directive" under Windows XP on the laptop I use, with great success thus far. Beaten both games in a span of a day, because I've got nothing better to do right now. So I tried booting up "Overseer," and even though I've followed all of the instructions on this one guide, I'm still having problems. The guide can be found here: http://www.fourthlaw.com/2007/03/26/tex ... all-guide/ .

Now, I've followed this guide to the letter, and I'm having two issues with the game.

Issue #1: The video and sound for the movie sequences go noticably faster. Not enough to start slurring words together, but it detracts some of the subtleties in the way the characters talk.

Issue #2: Before exiting out of the game, after the first movie sequences are done with, I get an error message that says that the VR room for Tex's office can not be loaded. An emergency save file is created, and I'm back to my desktop.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me, and I look forward to spending more time getting to know my fellow film-noir fans.
Welcome to the boards, always good to see a new fan... Do stick around and join us over in the general forum for topics of just about everything... You are welcome here...

Do a search of the threads here, I've heard people talk about similar problems... There are a couple of threads where I've seen people talk about how a solution has helped them run the game practically flawlessly...
I'd have to go back through all the threads to find which ones, but if you just do a search on Overseer, that would at least eliminate all the UAKM and Pandora threads...

Unless someone comes on who has fixed this problem before and can point you in the right direction...

I played Overseer back in the day when it was new, but I haven't tried getting it to run on the newer operating systems, I just don't have that kind of time to fiddle with it... For me if it works great, I play it, if it doesn't I curse quietly to myself, then loudly to my neighbors and then move on to the next...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
are you using dvd or cd version. I never bothered using that guide.
I see you are using xp on your laptop. Some of these errors I have never had,
best version I beleive is the hd/dvd installer which maps all your cd's into one file. This guide is very easy & straight forward.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I'm trying to use the DVD version, because I hear the video quality is (even only slightly) better. I'm going to try Nilo's guide tomorrow, hopefully with some results.
Do you have DVD Express installed???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...