Overseer xp helpppp

Hello,

Congratulations for the web site. I'am very happy to see people are still supporting tex murphy games...

I wanted to play, once again, tex's Overseer so 10 year later here i am messing with options/settings to play it under windows xp.
The game started very well... I followed the install instructions from fourth law site. And all worked perfect ( patches, dvdexpress e.t.c)
Nevertheless the first problems (that are still bothering me) appeared. When i'm moving the mouse cursor or i look something the game suddenly freezes. It's not happening at every turn but it's very annoying because i have to reset the pc. I'm in big surf lodge and the game freezes again and again.

Thank you all!!! And i'm hopping the new game (three card...) is a prelude to a new Tex Murphy adventure...!!!

p.s In the interactive scenes, when the conversation choices appears i can’t see an image and i’m getting a black screen, but i can select an option and continue playing through the scene.

p.s 2 I'm playing the dvd version
haris83 wrote:p.s In the interactive scenes, when the conversation choices appears i can’t see an image and i’m getting a black screen, but i can select an option and continue playing through the scene.

The wrong or missing version of DVD Express causes that. You should grab the version on Nilo's website and reinstall it. http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/

Be aware though that DVD Express wasn't meant for newer systems and can cause issues with Vista.

Hope that helps
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).