Pandora with Dosbox

Re going in and out of rooms - I followed the detailed instructions above to the letter - so perhaps it is the watching the video that triggers the alien. Not sure I can move fast enough getting generator going before alien appears all the time but will give it a try. If not will have to start all over again and then maybe NOT watch the video and get generator going - see if that would work. :(
re: the video

whenever I play PD I usually watch the video after trapping the alien entity.

So I guess that this can't be the trigger, hm.

The way I remember is:

Tex mentions something about a feeling of not being alone right after waking up in Roswell.
I usually can get the diesel fuel and the spark plug before the alien even leaves the third sub-basement.

Any thoughts on this? What could be the trigger then?
I was thinking it was combining the cd with the player & always thought this was a must to know what to do with the containment chamber, might have a play around to see if it's an item or not.

just had a play around, I think the trigger is any item you pick up. As long as you don' stuff around you have plenty of time, I was outside the generator room when it was in the shaft.
didn't play cd either. Combined the containment unit outside generator room & when I went inside the alien was there already, this sucker moves fast.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I haven't been trapped by the Alien since I played as a teenager... I guess I'll go play through Roswell noting exactly how I do everything and post a mini-walkthrough like I did for the Mine on Emily's Box...

I'll try to do that tonight, so give me a few hours to get some things done and then I'll have a go at it...

Hey Pdcagirl, did you go back and Save Archie??? Not sure if you can do that now that you're in Roswell, never tried that late, just asking if you did though...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Gosh I do not recall about saving Archie - have been so scattered playing this game because I never have enough time at one setting to really spend lots of time figuring, planning etc. to get through the game at a good pace. Have to play in bits and pieces due to recent changes at work and new responsibilities there.

Right now I have tried everything re starting the time I entered the Hallway of Roswell and playing through, trying not to enter any room more than once, grabbing necessary things and then moving on. Even tried NOT looking at the CD in case that triggered the alien but it was no go. The more I stay in the generator room and try to get it going, the worse it gets re the alien and Tex getting killed.

This seemed to happen the very first time I went into the generator room and tried to work there. I do not see anyway around this spot at the moment since there seems to be NO time to work placing plugs, fuel and pulling handle to start generator but what the alien keeps killing Tex and having to start all over again with same results. Hate to resort to a saved game here.

Re the triggers for the alien - how does one ever get anywhere if you do not follow a WT but just wander around and try to find your way through the game. I hate to follow WTs - spoils the game for me but if this is so touchy re triggers, seems to me one is defeated before one starts unless you religiously follow a WT. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Most of the fun in games is discovery and working one's way through puzzles and ways to do things.
I'll tell ya what I'll do... I'll play through either tonight or tomorrow and Save my game Right after I capture the Alien... Send me your email address either here or in a PM and I will email you the Saved Game file... I will leave you standing looking at the Generator... I'll grab only the Specific items needed to capture the Alien and leave everything else for you to find on your own... With the Alien gone you will have all the time in the world to look around Roswell...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

How perfectly nice of you! Sure do appreciate your efforts!!!! [email protected] will get to me! In meantime will still keep trying just to see if I might stumble into something.
Sorry, somethings came up... I promise that I'll make the play through and send you the saved game on Wednesday...

I will send the file so you can continue the game.

I have emailed you the game file now, sounds like baftis is a bit tied up so I though I would help you out.
Lynne
Will watch for your saved game plumgas. In the meantime think I have discovered where I am going astray here in the game. I tried using some of the hints to understand how to use the games I save.

Discovered there is a scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen when in auxiliary panel. Well my screen picture is so large cannot see it or access it. But tried to do so blindly with cursor and discovered I could and further discovered that the saved game I thought I was using wherein I first entered the hallway of Roswell was not it at all. Small wonder I was stuck using a game wherein I had been in and out of rooms many times looking to pick up things etc.

Long story short was able to get the correct saved game, played it religiously re instructions and am now in the hallway outside the Generator room waiting for Tex to say something so I can re-enter generator room and do the alien in. But old Tex will not speak so have still left something undone. I suspect it has to do with the generator because after I put in fuel and plugs and prime it - nothing happens. I expect it should start up thus making movement and noise but nothing so far so will be working at this point.

Want to try to see if I can 'do it myself mother' :P before having to resort to a saved game. But will keep your saved game plumgas and thank you for it. If all else fails and I run out of steam - will use same :evil:

Question - at this point in the game if one does not use a WT, however does one get past this point? I tend to wander around in games, talk to everybody again and again, pick up everything I can and try everything re movement to resolve puzzles etc. But in this game at this point doing this would never get me anywhere. How did you get through the game?
just checking your have the spark plugs & you primed it a couple of times & then switched the button on - control box is next to spark plugs section
Lynne
I was coming to check in on the boards and was gonna go play, but I see someone is picking up my slack... One of the many benefits of a community such as this... Thanks Plumgas...

Yeah I've been tied up the last few nights trying to get everything in order for m Interrogatories that I needed to get finished for my Divorce proceedings... I had a lot of fun in answering most of them, but since I'm thorough it was kind of time consuming as well...

pdcagirl wrote:Long story short was able to get the correct saved game, played it religiously re instructions and am now in the hallway outside the Generator room waiting for Tex to say something so I can re-enter generator room and do the alien in. But old Tex will not speak so have still left something undone. I suspect it has to do with the generator because after I put in fuel and plugs and prime it - nothing happens. I expect it should start up thus making movement and noise but nothing so far so will be working at this point.
uhhmmm, you need to push the Green button to turn it on... To the right of where you put the Spark Plug in is another Panel that you need to open... The area where the Yellow Caution stuff is... You can open that revealing the Power Buttons... The Green Button starts it up now that you have the Spark Plug in it and the Fuel in it and Primed, it's ready to go...

From the sound of things though it sounds like you should beat the Alien now... Just don't fiddle around with the containment pod, have it highlighted in your inventory ready to go, when you enter the room and turn towards the Alien and Generator, click use and then click on the Alien... You will then be free to roam... There are a few Tongue Check rumor comments here in Roswell...

The writing behind Pandora is just unsurpassed in my opinion... It's got something in every level, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Horror {Roswell for some people}, Mystery/Suspense, and Action/Adventure... A real shame the movie was canceled... I'm sure of it, that it would have been a classic the day it was released...

Did I understand you right - they were going to make a movie of Pandora? Hey that would have been marvelous - and it got cancelled?! What a shame. In fact I would have liked to have seen a trilogy of all three T.M. games - UAKM, O, PD. Hollywood or whoever have passed up a good thing.

Am about to go now and do the alien in - always helps when working with machinery to push the on button :lol:

Sympathy, cheers, TLC (what ever helps) in undergoing a divorce Bafitis. Been through it :roll:
grab your other tex titles this week-end from gog - UAKM & Overseer 6.99
Lynne
pdcagirl wrote:Sympathy, cheers, TLC (what ever helps) in undergoing a divorce Bafitis. Been through it
Cheers are in order for me... I'm loving it... My son is staying with me... I don't feel she is equipped to handle a child...

As for Pandora, yeah the movie was going to be called "Black Sun Ascending" or something like that... I don't think anyone from the game was involved with it though, which is probably what led to it being canceled...

I'll tell you what I think would be a great hit, a Tex Murphy Series on Prime Time Television on one of the major networks... A different case each week with tidbits being thrown in for a major case that would be the season finale... The make up for the Mutants wouldn't be hard, neither would the special effects needed to project it being in the year 2042... I just don't have the connections to pitch the idea to a Network... The money that would be paid to Bigfinish for the use of the copyrights would surely be a good sum to help Project Fedora along, if not damn near fund it completely...

So were you able to trap the Alien???