CD to DVD???

I was thinking... DVDs hold more than CDs, correct... Is it possible to take UAKM or Pandora and convert them over to a DVD??? Is there a program that will do this for me???

I'm just trying to think of ways to keep from swapping CDs all the time...

Appreciate the Help, thanks...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Last edited by SansGUI on March 22, 2008 • 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out Wintermute's HD/DVD Custom Installers on this board.

HD/DVD Installer for Under A Killing Moon
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... ?f=3&t=663

HD/DVD Installer for The Pandora Directive
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... ?f=3&t=667

Both files can be downloaded from http://cd-2-dvd.com in the Custom Installers.

Also, I have a working fix for the CD Version of Overseer (no disc swapping). I'ld be more than happy to share. Wintermute want to make a Custom Installer and complete the trilogy?

SansGUI
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).
Well Thank You, But those files are no long available...

Welcome to the Site, by the way... :)

If anyone has copies of these files let me know and I'll get together with you on a Messenger or you can email them to me...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

The files can be downloaded from http://www.cd-2-dvd.com

Go to the Custom Installers

You'll probably need to register with that site, first
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).
Kewl... I did... Thanks A Lot...

Now to just find the time to follow through and actually put them onto DVDs or the Hard Drive... lol

Thanks a lot... SansGUI, wouldn't have taken you for a Newbie if it wasn't for the post count and date of joining... lol
You've been a great help, hope you stick around and join the community, you'll be an asset, I can tell...

Thanks Again...

I made a DVD of Pandora Directive a long time ago using this but never played it until now. I am having the problem with it asking for DISK #4 when trying to view items at Roswell. I could resort to the old disk swapping, but is there an easy way to fix this? I burned it to a DVD-RW, so I hope I don't have to reburn everything, and I am not sure how to avoid this. Can you give a more detailed explanation of the problem and the solution?

Dr. David
Sotaria wrote:I made a DVD of Pandora Directive a long time ago using this but never played it until now. I am having the problem with it asking for DISK #4 when trying to view items at Roswell. I could resort to the old disk swapping, but is there an easy way to fix this? I burned it to a DVD-RW, so I hope I don't have to reburn everything, and I am not sure how to avoid this. Can you give a more detailed explanation of the problem and the solution?

Dr. David
More than likely your orignal CD was scratched and a file went missing.

It's even easier to just make ISOs of the discs and use doxbox.... since Access made it real easy to claim you had say 6 CD drives...
I think you could try the old tactic of copying the CDs onto the HD (on the installed folder).
You just had to copy all the .AP files, choosing the ones with larger size when you had 2 different files with the same name.
If you burn the folder to a DVD, you have a 'default installation' media.

I don't know the game searches for those .ap files, I think it searches the installation folder, then the disc in the drive, then askes for the right media. I don't know if that applies also to UAKM.
"Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope" - by me.

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."