Overseer problems

Now that I've gotten UAKM and PD running on my machine (with XP SP2) for the first time with DOSBox (what an awesome program!!) I got the itch to get Overseer running again. I had never had problems with Overseer (CD-ROM, my DVD drive has it's own problems) before I got, well, we got a "real" graphics card, but now I'm getting those weird cursor marks and trails, with errors on the interface as well. The video and sound is fine. I tried changing things in the config (including the Hardware/Software thing in the Adv. Preferences), but I just couldn't get it to look right. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB. I do have the Overseer patch if it matters.
Last edited by Greg G on August 06, 2005 • 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edited by Greg
GREG
After disabling DirectDraw, I went back into Overseer and it was in software mode, and wouldn't even show the option of Hardware or Software. It seems that with DirectDraw off, the game runs fine in software mode, but it sucks of course, not to mention the effect on my other games.
Last edited by Greg G on August 06, 2005 • 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edited by Greg
GREG
Couldn't get that to work either, but I did some searching around and after changing my Catalyst drivers to older ones (from 5.3 to 5.1) it works fine!
I just found the following article about the Catalyst drivers: http://www.omegadrivers.net/ and thought perhaps you might benefit from it. But I see you already have fixed the problem! GREAT!
GREG