The Poisoned Pawn - A Tex Murphy Adventure - UPDATE!

Check out latest update: "The Poisoned Pawn - A Tex Murphy Adventure".
Twenty minutes gameplay demo video and ‘MAGfest Indie Videogame Showcase’ National Harbor, DC, January 5-8, 2017.

http://thepoisonedpawn.com
Very good job, it's visually amazing! I wonder how many new FMV scenes will be. Also, it looks like Tex and Chelsee's voice over is missing... I wonder why. Interesting to see Aaron is doing some new gameplay.
The Poisoned Pawn is more interesting every second, can't wait to play it.
Ruben wrote:Very good job, it's visually amazing! I wonder how many new FMV scenes will be. Also, it looks like Tex and Chelsee's voice over is missing... I wonder why. Interesting to see Aaron is doing some new gameplay.
The Poisoned Pawn is more interesting every second, can't wait to play it.
you will probably find the voice overs are not missing just cut out of the demo version
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
The demo is pretty amazing. It's not really a surprise that the graphics are stunning, what with Mat Van Rhoon involved, but everyone on the team seems to be doing an incredible job. I really look forward to playing TPP.

And I agree with plumgas: voiceovers and other stuff will likely make it into the final version.
You might noticed that some parts of the demo are different to the orignal Overseer game. Some of them are related specific for the demo (combining L&O 1st and 2nd visit), others are done on purpose cause TPP will not be 'only' a remake anymore as there will be new content which will have impact on the gameplay.

Regarding to the graphics. If you are talking about the fmv/intro/outro you're right, that's MVR magic. The ingame stuff is done by others (designer + modeler), with some suggestions of the core-team. Also to mention our brilliant programmer who let all those components work together.
The new content is intriguing, could it be related to The Poisoned Pawn novel AC is writing? Anyway, it looks awesome.
When I referred to the graphics, certainly I was talking about the intro & outro, which are typical MVR spectacularity 8) , but I also meant the in-game graphics, which is why I wanted to point out what an incredible job everyone is doing.

I do believe this game has the greatest quality, by far, of any volunteer-powered game ever made.