Tesla Effect Petrified Forest ending!?!?

Man, this ending just flew right over my head.

Did I miss something here? Did I trigger some weird easter egg ultra crappy ending by something I did in the game?

So after stopping the destruction of the world, Tex finds himself in a bar with Sapphire and they're hunting down Adrian Carr's character?

Is this supposed to be a parody of some movie I haven't seen or no longer remember seeing?

Is this the equivalent of the clown ending in Pandora? It made no sense to me and the 10 months later epilogue clashed heavily with it.

I just don't get it. Any clarification from Tex experts would be much appreciated.
It's the expected showdown between Dalton and Tex. Tex saved the world, but every good (or not so good) hero will always hunt down the bad guy and give him just rewards. Can't let the bad guy do it again later, right? Also, it gives the BFG crew an opportunity to make badass music to go with the OK corral showdown.

I have a personal opinion this ending also satisfied a cowboy complex that alot of guys, waaaayyyyyy deep down, wished they could let hang loose. Over the series, you see glimpses of Tex hinting at that cowboy mentality. I could be wrong, but Chris Jones strikes me as the type that doesn't consider himself a wussy, suit-wearing pencil pusher, even if his day job might be that way.

I liked that ending, myself. But then again, I own movies like Red (Red 2), The Fifth Element, Aen Flux, The Indiana Jones series, and all the Mummy movies too. Action is awesome. Tex in action, even better!
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
Yeah, I guess the best way to look at it is as a joke ending.

I just thought it went into weird "Twin Peaks" territory and seemed tacked on.
Tuco wrote:Yeah, I guess the best way to look at it is as a joke ending. I just thought it went into weird "Twin Peaks" territory and seemed tacked on.
Mostly, it's all in fun, Tuco.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.