What comes next?

I thoroughly enjoyed Tesla Effect, it's been way to long since I saw Tex last! The game was excellently done, it did an amazing job in keeping with the Tex Murphy history. It also has shown how much we've lost. Today every game feels like every other game, a certain homogenous feel to them. I certainly hope that this is not the last Tex Murphy game, please let us know this is just the beginning of a new series of games! :)
Welcome!

It's absolutely Aaron and Chris' intentions on making at least one final Tex Murphy game. I was saddened to learn this actually because I thought they were reviving the series with the intention on making several titles rather than just two. But, when you look at the economics in the gaming industry in terms of what sells and what is marketable, it's no surprise that they've set their goals a little below their inner ambitions. Especially since this is the first TM instalment since 1998.

As far as I understand, the games to follow from Overseer were intended as a trilogy (Chance, Trance and Polarity). Tesla Effect is said to be an abridged version of two out of these three story treatments. Aaron claims he has a third story ready to go and, at minimum, intends to develop this into a novel. Ultimately, both he and Chris would like this story to be told as a video game.

It simply comes down to how strong digital sales are for the TM catalogue. I'm unsure of what those sales figures are.
Joel wrote:Welcome!
Thank you!
It simply comes down to how strong digital sales are for the TM catalogue. I'm unsure of what those sales figures are.

I understand that, I wasn't even aware that there was a new Tex Murphy game out until I saw it on Steam.
I believe there's a strong base still out their for these games, we just need to make sure they know about it!
I certainly hope there's more than just one more game, I know I've been waiting about 15 years for this one. I would even consider paying more if needed!