Anyone super crafty/techie?

Is is possible to make our own "Big Box" box? I would be willing to to compensate anyone who has the ingenuity to cook up something nice.

Anyone?
Oh Jen, look at my last post here.

http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... 0&start=15
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
Did you get a quote?
Sounds promising. Not a huge fan of the cover art to be honest. Any chance of getting a redesign that's less "cluttered". If you look at the original three FMV games the cast on the cover were kept to the minimum and the logo for the game was the focal point.
Joel wrote:Not a huge fan of the cover art to be honest. Any chance of getting a redesign that's less "cluttered". If you look at the original three FMV games the cast on the cover were kept to the minimum and the logo for the game was the focal point.
Well yeah thats what I mean. Have the cover art thats on the DVD case we bought but fit it onto the dimensions of a software box. No I didn't get a quote because I didn't have the sizes needed for them. If anyone can grab a old Tex game box and measure it. I did some more searching to find a lot of websites do this. Take a look at this image and it will tell you how to measure it.

http://www.imperialbox.net/thumb.php?im ... =200&h=200

Maybe if we can throw Cub (or whoever at BFG that made the the cover art) some cash to make a custom template to print on the box. Much like the way you do for DVD/CD duplication sites. What do you say Cub? Then maybe we get enough interest on the kickstarter page to get a solid number down, open a paypal account and a group of us here help run it and ship it to everyone. I know I would like to have one of those. But it all depends on what the quote is and if its affordable. Can anyone help me with the dimensions?
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.sowden.cjb.net
Don't have time to absorb everything, but it seems like the idea of copying the images from the DVD box and scaling them to the size of a big box wont work? It would seem to cool to have it match the DVD. I say the more similar the better.
I dono man, having some cover art thats different on the box than from the DVD clam shell is more interesting to me. I dono, we'll see if anyone is interested, or even has the time to do it. I found a website that I like and sent in a request for a quote. I'll let you all know what I hear.
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.sowden.cjb.net
If you want art work for the Collector's DVD box, you all should have it at your fingertips if you downloaded the Tesla Effect poster. It is of large enough resolution to fit a big box.
Does this cover just not have the nostalgic feel?
Hey guys. Its true that the poster does have enough resolution to fit the box and we could use it in a pinch. But I'm kind of with Bjyman in that a slightly different looking box cover would make it more unique. But since this will sit on most of our mantles/shelf's/entry hall displays/etc I guess it really doesn't matter. But I got totally shot down from the box printing website I was looking at. I dug out my old Pandora box and found that the dimensions were H:9 3/8 L:8 W:2 1/4. For quantity I put 6 just to get a sense of pricing. Representative got back to me saying that they only start at a base of 100 boxes and that would total $845. Yikes! If this is any indication, this might be why BFG fell out of going this route. I'm going to do some more scourging and looking around, but this might not be a thing thats reasonable :? I'll let you know what more I hear, later.
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.sowden.cjb.net
I've been thinking since I first made the suggestion to someone in the BFG forums that a template that people can print at home is the most likely successful route.

I was thinking of it being a 2-part template; something that could be printed on 2 sheets of heavy-weight 8.5"x11" or A4 inkjet paper and then glued together to form the box. Come to think of it, I guess 2 templates would be needed. I can easily get 8.5"x11" paper (heck, there's some on a shelf right over my shoulder), but I know it's harder in Europe.
Chandler wrote:I've been thinking since I first made the suggestion to someone in the BFG forums that a template that people can print at home is the most likely successful route.
Thats an interesting idea, but I don't know how you would be able to print on a manufactured box. Could you elaborate on that?

But good news, I found a side that does print individual boxes. The site is boxprinting4less.com and they have quoted me as printing a single box for $16.33. We would just need to make a saved template and send it to them to print. Someone on here suggested the poster which I guess would be alright. I am going to send some more correspondence to get some more information. I'll let you know more soon. Later.
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.sowden.cjb.net
Printing on a pre-manufactured box would definitely be difficult, if not impossible. My idea is to print onto 2 sheets of heavy-weight inkjet paper, then trim the sheets and glue them together. There's more detail, and a draft template, here: http://www.bigfinishgames.com/large-for ... ment-14355
Sowden wrote:
Chandler wrote:I've been thinking since I first made the suggestion to someone in the BFG forums that a template that people can print at home is the most likely successful route.
Thats an interesting idea, but I don't know how you would be able to print on a manufactured box. Could you elaborate on that?

But good news, I found a side that does print individual boxes. The site is boxprinting4less.com and they have quoted me as printing a single box for $16.33. We would just need to make a saved template and send it to them to print. Someone on here suggested the poster which I guess would be alright. I am going to send some more correspondence to get some more information. I'll let you know more soon. Later.

Excellent!!!! Would you post that information on the BFG site? plz?
I can do 16 easy
$16 is certainly a lot more reasonable than I expected. I'm still a little skeptical, but hopeful.