Bauers Rescue scene: What was Tex's plan there?

Last edited by texmex82 on May 26, 2014 • 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What was Tex thinking cutting away the bars? It seemed like he was just giving them an route to plummet to their deaths off a cliff, as Bauers opted to do.

Am I missing something? Is Tex just incompetent at planning rescues?
Haha. I wondered that too. My only guess is maybe he didn't know about the drop off past the window. I assume he intended to sneak out the window and go around back to his speeder at the front.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Mason Bauers.
:wink:

Maybe autopillot his speeder over to get them???
Best I got. :)
Oh you're right Jen, Bauers! :)

Yeah, I was half expecting an autopilot speeder rescue ala Batwing.

Maybe Tex's vision isn't the greatest. You'd think he could have just looked through the bars and realized it was suicide. Maybe he was expecting an awning to break their fall ;)

Then again, Tex did cut bars wide enough for an elephant to climb through if I recall correctly, so maybe speeder rescue actually planned. Have a feeling that something got left on the cutting room floor. Speaking of which, they going to release any deleted scenes to anyone's knowledge?
I just assumed that Tex had another step to the plan but was interrupted by Dalton before he had a chance to enact it. Maybe a rope, maybe his speeder, maybe they were going to carefully crawl down. But you can't do any of those with Dalton shooting at you.
I just assumed he had a REALLY long rope which he was going to tie to the remaining bar, then abseil down the building and creep along the ledge at the top of the chasm around the building to the front and then the speeder.

Or he could have had a jet pack hidden on his person. Really really well hidden. :mrgreen:
"When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." Jean Harlow
What *I'd* like to know is:

1. How Tex got from Mason's cell all the way out all the way to Chandler Avenue and back WITHOUT cutting the bars (didn't the doors to the trial areas close behind him?),
2. Why Tex couldn't have just snuck Bauers out the way TEX got out,
3. Why the guards couldn't hear Bauers yelling THIEF THIEF THIEF!
2. Yes that was my concern too since Tex made 2 trips to see Mason. Obviously he knows an easy way back out.
3. I assume crazy Mason shouts things all the time. I suspect they just tune out noises from his cell.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Have I mentioned how excited I am to have you guys read the novel?

:-)
AC wrote:Have I mentioned how excited I am to have you guys read the novel?

:-)

I can't wait.
AC, yes you have.

You dangle this in front of realllly hungry feral cats, you know.....
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
I really, really want to take my time savoring this book. But I know myself well enough to know that's going to have to be the second time around... The first time is gonna be like a stampede of starvation through a Hooter's restaurant; Fast, raunchy, and embarrasing to behold.

With a surprising lack of owls. Anyway. Not long, now!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
No owls? That's just not fair!

Can't wait to read it as soon as it's out. Buying the Amazon version as soon as I'm allowed to. Can we pre-order there too?
David
The only thing I'm waiting on is a Library of Congress number. (Damn Congress) It's supposed to be assigned any day and, once that's done, the book will be sent off for printing and will be available for Kindle a day or two later.

I will definitely let you know!

And, Fred, can I ask if you've literally stampeded through a Hooters before? I would really love to witness that. :-)
Fred, what's with the owls? Is it a fetish thing? Perhaps I shouldn't ask....
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.