Just A Humble PI Saving The World ...

Having a great time going through "TE". (Playing via STEAM.) Have not made it past day 9 yet. Enjoying every frustrating step. The game is living up to expectations. (All this in my first game-play. And I haven't even made it to an end, yet.)

As a long time Tex Murphy fan and backer, I appreciate the depth and detail of TE. TE is a niche genre game which _might_ cross over and become a breakout hit. I am bias toward Tex. TE does have the potential.

The whole TE development/production team lived up to and exceeded the myriad of challenges (pregame hype and what not). The game-play is active and involving. The characters are engaging. The acting ... very good: without caveat. The quality of video is outstanding.

The pace of the game works for me. (Though I have been ready to toss the whole effort and retire to Chandler Ave and leave the saving of the world to some other PI, after all the ankle biting mistakes I make, that end up getting Tex killed. ... Really? Spiders ... in black and red mazes ... Spiders? Why did it have to be spiders?) But in a world of shortened attention spans, will the player take up the challenges and stay the course?

Did I mention, I like the game.

__________________________________~

Tex Murphy is a film-noir PI. The concept of down and out, hard-boiled PI is the hopelessness of life's expectations. In the end, we, the game's players (as much as we hope for a happy ending for our hero Tex), should be playing with the total expectation that Tex cannot and will not be 'a happy camper' at the end of game/film/life.

Play it straight. If one is going to be a Dashiell Hammett/Raymond Chandler wanna-be, then 'dang it', be of grim character - stay cynical, sad, hopeless and alone. Tex comes from the dark-side of city life. It is only reasonable to expect Tex to stay on the dark-side.

(PLEASE - NO CHRISTMAS Specials for Tex!!)

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
The spider section freaked me out. I had to stop playing for a bit. I absolutely HATE spiders. :D
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

The Unofficial Project Fedora Theme Song