[Guide] How to View and Edit the FMVs in Tesla Effect.

Make sure you backup all your files before editing anything

This is a guide for anyone wanting to extract the cutscenes so they can perhaps play them on their mobile devices, or maybe edit them if that's what they wish to do.

In order to modify the files you'll need to simply download and install RADTools

RAD Tools
Download Via This Link
http://www.radgametools.com/down/Bink/RADTools.exe

Once you've successfully installed you can then run RADTools from your start menu.

Now Once you've got RAD Tools opened, go to

C:\<where ever your steam folder is located>\steamapps\common\Tesla Effect\TeslaEffect_Data\ExternalData\Video

All the FMVs are located in this folder.
If you wish to view any of the FMVs you can do so by hitting the play button.

Converting out to a new format

For Converting the files press the "Convert a File" button.
Next select your output type by pressing the "Output Type..." button
Select the desired file type (the default is AVI, this is fine, but be aware AVIs tend to be bloody huge in file size as they are raw uncompressed files).

Hit Convert.. Boom you're done.
You can then convert AVIs into any format you wish using your favorite video editing software.

Making your own FMV and putting it in the game
WARNING: Back up your files before doing anything! As we will be altering the game data.

In order to make your own FMVs for the game you're going to have to go to Bink It on the Opening screen, ensure the video size is to 2K resolution as per the other FMVs you have.

Leave everything on their defaults. Make sure however that the Output File Info: bit is the same name as another file in the game so "UndergroundFacility_Frequency2_ApathOnly.bik" and turn on Automatic Overwrite. Hit Bink and it'll overwrite. This should then ensure that the FMV you created will now appear in the game instead of the one BFG created.

This is a basic intro on how to get your files into the game if that's what you want to do (basically means people can now make their own "Cuts" to the game and change the story).

Hope you enjoyed this guide.

Are you seriously saying, that I, a person who has problem getting the new hand-held technology to answer the phone when opportunity calls, now have the tools to open up the game and make changes?!?

Oh great. I am still trying to get past 'day 1' TE and you drop this in my lap. (Only joking. It is nice to know that after working my case, I'll be able to come back and play around with a bomb.)

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
Thanks so much mr_cyberpunk! :D I had hoped it would be possible to do this! I honestly watched the Overseer videos more than I've actually played the game.

When I'm done playing Tesla, this is my next project!
Oh yes.... I'm doing it now, and this is a golden treasure trove! I'd better play the game for more endings before I look at all of these! :mrgreen: