Is It Soup Yet?

Like a child waiting for a specific birthday/Christmas present, I want to get my hands on the new Tex Murphy NOW! But I wait; fully expecting to be disappointed. (The anticipation is part of the fun though.)

The new game is worth waiting for, according to all the pre-release hype. I have bought into the new game (as a backer). But as we get closer to the final product, one aspect of reality is ever present, time.

I enjoyed the "Indiana Jones" movies because they were fresh and the characters were believable (in a escapist sort of way, as long as you suspended your critical thinking skills). But when the main character (Harrison Ford is like 10000 years old!) was running around in his 'walker' the franchise lost it; credibility wise. 15 years is a long time in any world; even Old San Francisco.

Let us hope Tex is able to avoid this 'never ending hero' trap.

Tex rocks!

Ema Nymton
~@:o?
We Cheat The Other Guy And Pass The Savings On To You.
While I enjoyed Crystal Skull despite a few problems, I'm not sure comparing it to Tex is the best comparison.

Indiana Jones is a very physical character, Tex is a PI who occasionally needs to rough someone up - and ends up winning despite being beat up pretty badly (the BAK stepping on his coat in Pandora and Sylvia freeing herself and saving Tex in the nick of time - pun intended). The rest of the time, he's snooping around collecting clues, solving puzzles and getting past a few obstacles. I think for that reason it would be more believable.
The ending of Tesla Effect, I can see it now. Tex is getting married to Chelsee. His fedora falls to one side. A youngster puts down his copy of The Big Sleep and goes to pick up the fedora. But Tex snatches it away and walks off with a tip of the hat and a sly smile.

Just kidding (if Tex getting married to Chelsee didn't tip you off already).
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Yea, there is no way he is getting married to Chelsee :lol:

I can't see that happening until the end of the series or never, and considering this would be the first part of a trilogy, if they are going with the original story they had, then no way it is happening in this game.

I see it ending with him finding Chelsee, considering she is missing at the beginning of the game.
Matt
As Matthew said, time is hardly an issue with Tex. This is one other area where it pays off to have a slower-paced game, with a non-traditional hero. Chris could be 70 and still do a boss job as a credible detective.

Sonny would have made a great PI to play.

And for what it's worth, Ford was still ever-great in the non-action scenes.
Part-Time Nomad