Backers! New video update by Chris!

Check it out!
Thanks Jen. I appreciate the alert. I think it'd be cool if there was an email alert / feed feature for the blog but who needs it when this forum is here :)
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Woot! Things are looking amazing! Very Tex feeling.
Cathy
More of a teaser than an update, but it's good to see they've come far enough with the engine tech that they're already adding content.
Psst. Do you think UTM should make a section for backers only on this forum to discuss updates here or keep new update discussion on the BFG blog?

If there is a backer section made, people should mark spoilers if so (I skipped this update due to spoiler warning). :wink: I know there is an addon for PHPBB forums that adds spoiler tags for example.
Might be a good suggestion to send to James LeMosy, Sai. Although I am still pretty certain I will typically head here first rather than another site. My comment wasn't spoiler-y was it??
Cathy
Too short! I want an hour-long update video! :) Although technically I'm going to school, I'm really just hanging out on campus during the meetings of the local anime club. But I occasionally hit a book for that. Facebook, that is.
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
redcat72 wrote:My comment wasn't spoiler-y was it??
No there hasn't been anything spoilery :) But I was just wondering what moderators here felt the status quo should be for the future I guess. Since the updates are private and this is a public forum. But at the same time I know how tempting it is to just post feedback on an update on this forum since we have more of a habit of posting here.
Although I am still pretty certain I will typically head here first rather than another site.
Oh I meant on this forum still, not another site. Having said that though, I do gravitate to the General section. Would be cool if certain threads in General were simply Hidden to all except those added to a "backer" group on this forum though. Not sure if thats doable on PHPBB (this forum script) though.
I think it's ok the way it is. Anyone can still become a backer. And I didn't post the private link, just gave a heads up so that legit backers can go log in and see it.

The backer blog is fairly erratic with no alert that anything new is posted, so I appreciate a heads up if I miss something. Especially since it is so tucked away.
Cool video :) It looks like the gameplay will be a lot more fluid than previous installments. So far the feel of the game looking exactly what I was hoping for: an adventure game tailored to suit a fast paced first person shooter type engine, kind of like Deus Ex without weapons.
Quite pleased with their work so far. And even more pleased that they let us see it so soon in the process! Openness, transparency, glasnost, perestroika, FTW!
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Last edited by Sai on August 30, 2012 • 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
True it's just that if you're not a backer on the BFG site it says this for the blog:
This is a Private Blog for the members of the Mutant League.
We ask that you keep the discussion of Blog related information and downloadable material to this area alone.
As a member you paid for this access as did your other League Members, and we ask that you be considerate of that
So I was wondering if feedback is to be kept to the blog too or made private on here.
And I didn't post the private link, just gave a heads up so that legit backers can go log in and see it. The backer blog is fairly erratic with no alert that anything new is posted, so I appreciate a heads up if I miss something. Especially since it is so tucked away.
Yeah I really appreciate the alerts that there is a new update on BFG in the General section here, I wouldn't call it discussion, just a heads up as you say. :)
Sai wrote:Thanks Jen. I appreciate the alert. I think it'd be cool if there was an email alert / feed feature for the blog but who needs it when this forum is here :)
well I actually received an email about the update so everyone else should have received it also
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:well I actually received an email about the update so everyone else should have received it also
Yeah, it seems they posted a message to backers on Kickstarter this time so I got an email about it too (you backed via PayPal instead right? So I guess they sent it out to Paypal backers too). Hope they do that in future, that will be very convenient. :D
no I backed $1.00 on kickstarter so I could post in comments & my money was paid through paypal. Actually I don't think I should have received an email from kick starter being my pledge amount.

However I think they have to manually send to emails to paypal payers so they wouldn't get notified as early as the others
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town