Show Support, Renounce Free/Buy Extra Copies

Frogacuda wrote:They will absolutely need a good PR campaign. I hope they hire a good PR firm
yeah
LockeCole wrote:First of, that is insane, to pay for a game to be made, promised a free copy and then say "Nah, I'll pay for it again thanks. However, I likely will buy anyone I know a copy as Christmas/Birthday Presents...

Bafitis wrote:...I worry about the Piracy that's sure to swamp it... I know people will buy it, but for every buyer there will probably be 3 or more who grab it off torrent or other means... This will hurt their profits for a possible sequel... And then people, even those who steal the game, will come crying for a new game, but they might throw their hands up and say there just wasn't enough interest and profit in it to do any more...
Sigh... People who habitually pirate games generally WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THE GAME if they couldn't have pirated it. It isn't some easily countable number of 'lost sales' that 'screwed the developers'. I really wish people would stop acting like it is so... It just makes game makers feel like they need DRM that in turn does nothing but harm the PAYING customer (IE you and me) meanwhile the pirates crack the game a few hours later than if they'd had a DRM-free copy. It's a strawman argument that game companies use to claim that their game wasn't bad or poorly marketed, just that the profits were destroyed by 'the pirate menace'.

It's BS and I'm sick of hearing this argument.

Tex will make money as long as it (and I have no reason to doubt this) is a good game. Unless there really are only 7000 people (IE the backers) who would ever like Tex... then we're screwed, but I doubt that one.
I agree. It's been this way since WordStar.
rogs wrote:I will definitely buy some extra copies to gift when the game launches. I will also host a giveaway of the entire Tex Murphy series on GOG.com when I receive my keys, as I already have all the games. If the new Tex game shows up on GOG as well I'll throw in a copy for the lucky winner.
Good point. I also own all the GOG versions of the Tex games.