So, I've been listening to Tex Murphy Radio Theater....

A LOT!! lol I have a fix that needs to be taken care of and when I'm out on the road all...damn...day....long...those radio shows really help get the day moving along. I've probably listened to them at least 6 times all the way through in the last week.

I just have some thoughts about it that kinda stuck out at me.

When Tex is told by Louie that Chelsea is dead, Tex immediately in his mind dismisses the notion, saying he had a hunch that she wasn't dead. And he then recalled hearing the spongebath guy say that "They were finished with the girl" and that the fortune cookie that was left under the sofa could have been left be chelsea for Tex to find it so he would know she was still alive. But then, later on, when he poses as Chance Bando and goes to meet the people that Chance owes money to, Mr. Stanzykowski (sorry if I spelled that wrong) informs Tex that he has Chelsea and will turn her over for either his missing artifact, or his $600,000. Then, when Tex is informed that the people who have the artifact are known as the Armageddonists, he finds out that they really want to get their hands on Tex.....so..with all that being said...You could assume that the people who took Chelsea and Tex hostage at the end of Overseer were the Armageddonists - which would mean that those same people have the artifact that Stanzykowski is looking for...which makes me wonder...how did Stanzykowski get Chelsea from the Armageddonists, and why didn't he get his artifact from them to begin with so he wouldn't have to extort $600,000 from Chase or whoever in order to get the artifact back......

Did any of that make any sense to anyone who just read it? lol
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
hmm you have a point there... maybe he snached her up after "they" were done with her and wanted her as a bargening chip, then again they dont know who Tex is when he comes inn, so how does he know that the armaggedonists want Tex if not he actualy is one of them.

argh damn man now you got me thinking and getting confused, couldent you just roll with it :P
dread wrote:argh damn man now you got me thinking and getting confused, couldent you just roll with it :P
LMAO! You know...I would have never noticed it before, but I've been listening to them so much, that I've been analyzing the whole thing mentally. lol You see, I work for FedEx, and I have a route that is out in the country, so I have a lot of times during the day where I am driving 15 to 20 minutes between stops...not to mention my hour drive back to the station at the end of the day. So, I have all this "free" time to listen to them. It just kinda hit me one day.

Oh...and I need to correct myself...it's Mr. Cazistannis. I don't know where the hell I came up with that other name.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Oh, adnins, you'll find the answer to that question in [missing storyline]. It's all there. Just turn the page to $%null.

Or in other words...

We don't know who took Chelsea and Tex hostage. There could be multiple groups in play. Mr. Cazistannis and the Armageddonists are the ones we know about, but that doesn't necessarily mean that either party was the one that initiated the end of Overseer and the beginning of Radio Theater. Claiming that it was either known party at this point would be too quick of an assumption, as we've barely made it out of the first act.

My theory is this. There are three parties. First, there is the unknown party, an evil group who had kidnapped both Tex and Chelsea. They seek an object, much like the statue in Under a Killing Moon, of occult significance, one that either:

Brings about the end of the world
Allows them to control the world

And they seek it through memories inherent in Tex's DNA. Like Assassin's Creed but without an animus. More primitive. Only they weren't sure who had the memories, so they grab both Tex and Chelsea.

The second party is the Armageddonists. They either...want to stop the first party, or want what the first party is looking for to fill their own agenda. This theory would mean that the artifact that they have is not the endgame prize. Like the jewel that Indiana Jones uses in the map room of Raiders of the Lost Ark, it is more of a directional beacon to the real deal, possessing little to no ultimate power.

It is through this competition that Mr. Cazistannis shows up. My theory on him is that he's in it for the money. If he can find the artifact that the other two groups want, then he could start a bidding war and make himself very, very rich.

His first attempt at discovering the artifact was by kidnapping one of the subjects. In this case, Chelsea. He captures her, but quickly discovers that she possesses no direct information to what he's looking for. So he does some basic information getting and discovers the Armageddonists artifact, and assumes that's what everyone's looking for, and that if he steals it he could fetch some money selling it back, or selling it to the first, unknown party.

That's when Tex shows up, capable of doing the dirty work. Now, if the artifact the Armageddonists have is more of a directional beacon, it probably can only be used during specific circumstances. Tex's inherited memories, however, might show exactly where the endgame item might be.

Oh, and all of this theory could be horribly, horribly wrong. We'll have to wait for Tex's return to find the truth.
My blog:
http://nvracar.wordpress.com/
we know of a nother group as well the white russians or somthing, the ones that help tex out of the first episode. Does Chelsea have somthing to do with them since there is a russian guy talking on the video disc that tex finds in the abandoned house?

Vracar: yeah i have a condition with a lite tinitus so i use audio dramas to sleep and i have listen to it alot, but hey if you got lots of time to kill when driving i would check out some other free audio dramas if i were you (so you dont go frying your brain over what might happen with tex ;P) you can find free good ones here http://www.audio-drama.com/doku.php
And to point out a few good ones thers the paranormalists, witch is a british comedy (good predution) (http://www.paranormalists.co.uk/) and The Chagoon Conspiracy at http://www.brackishwater.net/chagoon/ (allsow good preduction).
I wonder if the mystery group is the same group from Under A Killing Moon that launched the Moonchild.

It would make perfect sense.

It would also be cool if Martial Alexander from Martian Memorandum played a role in it. He has lots of money, and Lowell Percival is dead, so it can't be him. What about Gideon.... I can't remember if he died.

I just thought i was cool how they brought a character from Martian back for Under a Killing Moon, making him the main bad guy.
Matt
Vracar.....I agree with everything you said. Everything you speculated is very much plausible and is right on with everything I've thought of.

Lestat.....The first thing I thought when I heard that Casistannis was looking for an artifact was the damn bird from UAKM. I had a thought that the brotherhood from UAKM didn't take the bird with them on the moonchild for whatever reason, and the armageddonists knew about it and were looking for it. I don't know....it would all be great if it came full circle like that.
Oh, and Gideon is dead...at least we assume he's dead. Remember, as Tex is leaving the Chess chamber you hear a gunshot go off.
OH RIGHT!!!!

I forgot he committed suicide when his plans were ruined.
Matt
If I recall correctly Marshall Alexander was murdered. His throat was slashed with a José Cuervo bottle.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
I literally listen to these everyday. Might be a little extreme, but I don't care. I just enjoy listening to them. I love radio shows like this. They remind me of the Guy Noir episodes from A Prairie Home Companion. Garrison Keillor probably coulda made a good Tex if he were younger.
I forgot about that too.
Matt
I tell ya, CJ's monologues on the radio theaters are epic. They really draw you into the scenes.
Yea, they had to be or the radio theater would have been terrible.

They are really monumental though. You tend to notice them more too when there isn't all the cool stuff going on on the screen.
Matt
That's true. I've always been drawn to radio shows. They allow your mind to create the scene visually while the actors give you the dialogue.