overseer moments

just been reading the uakm moments that raised the neck hairs ! what about in overseer in big jim slades beech house,hiding behind the doors to face the barrel of pistol fixed on your eyeballs when they opened............
Homer simpson for King!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, that's a good one. I remember BJS killing me a million times before I figured it out.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
That entire scene kept me clinched, hurrying around while that shower was running, hiding in the closet, and the inevitable getting killed until I figured it out. That was gooooood. Lord, how I miss Tex.

Kait
Oh yeah realy realy hard that was.
get in ohh too late
get key yay im in now what too late hahaha
the list goes on and on .
Live is too short to waste it make sure its with the one u love !
MAIL : [email protected]
Yeah I agree. It's kind of the same trick as the Roswell alien, since you're sort of racing against the clock. It's one of the most memorable parts of the game... it's been awhile though so I only vaguely remember it. Guess I better get around to playing it again. :)
In Overseer, did you have to go to a cabin in the woods too? I think I found that place really creepy because of its solitude and it was night time if I remember right too. I think I kept expecting something/someone to jump out at me... or that I'd suddenly open a door and discover something horrible... or maybe I did? Can't remember it very well again. Just remember the helicopter or something.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Yeppers, Roswell was creepy, and that dang whistle sound that went off from time to time.....there is something in my house that makes that same sound when the battery is low, and I always think Roswell.
I liked the cabin in the woods. I thought it was pretty good, loved the trick with climbing out on the roof and pitching the lighter in.
I say it over and over again, there have been no other games I've played that had as many memorable moments as these. :D
Kait
Favorite moment: The Death of Sonny

Very dramatic, done very well.

Least Favorite Moment: Any scene involving that demented Richard Simmons.

As for the scene that has Tex sneaking into the closet, it wasn't that interesting. Either you succeeded or a half naked man grins and shoots you.
My blog:
http://nvracar.wordpress.com/
Richard Simmons was in TM? :shock: :? ... or is that toungue resting comfortably in your cheek?

The Elevator scene in Overseer, and the following Scene with Big Jim Slade and john Klaus.

Sonny Fletcher's death was realyl well done.

when tex first enters the chess game against Gideon, that was awesome, and the music was brillint, along with the defeat of Gideon.

-Cub. =o)
Whenever we here the term "elevator music" we immediately think of some drab, boring orchestral music that nobody has ever heard of. But, the music in the elevator scene of Overseer was awesome! And, the scenes that followed weren't bad either (tongue resting comfortably in cheek).
Jim the old guy wrote: (tongue resting comfortably in cheek).

...and knife resting comfortably in dog.

-Cub. =o)
Cubase wrote:Richard Simmons was in TM? :shock: :? ... or is that toungue resting comfortably in your cheek?

The Elevator scene in Overseer, and the following Scene with Big Jim Slade and john Klaus.

Sonny Fletcher's death was realyl well done.

when tex first enters the chess game against Gideon, that was awesome, and the music was brillint, along with the defeat of Gideon.

-Cub. =o)
Nah, Richard wasn't in Overseer. Clint Howard was. And he looked like a demented Richard Simmons in Overseer.
My blog:
http://nvracar.wordpress.com/
For me, there were some great ones. Chris Jones was absolutely marvelous in Overseer, and some of my favorites included the death of Sonny, but one moment that really stands out for me is the scene in the restaurant where he's just staring at his ring, and Chelsee asks, "You miss her, don't you?" The regret was palpable.

Makes me wonder if Chris's ever been divorced. :-D
Tex - "Was the picture of me flattering at least?"
Lucia - "Is that even possible?"
RandomManA :shock:

Wow. Now there's a blast from the past. If I remember clearly (and also by looking that you only have 1 post to your name) the last time we saw you was on the old boards?

If this is true, then welcome back mate! :D

-Cub. =o)
Yeah, I remember RandomMan too. Good to see you here, mate.

The death of Sonny was remarkable and truly captivating. The end scenes with Tex and Chelsee were first class as well.
No scene for me, but I will never forget the freaking sensored floors in Gideon's art gallery...I HATED that part.

I still will not play it to this day. I just resort to past game saves and load the one immediately after that puzzle so I don't have to mess with it.