Overseer LED light

Chanced across a full box copy of Overseer recently. DVDs and CDs are in pristine shape.

But the LED light assembly's missing, though the little hole is still there.

Question:

1) Refresh my memory, but the LED was a red blinking light, no?

2) Has anyone ever managed to cobble together a replacement from cheapo Radio Shack parts? Shouldn't be too hard, right?
Yeah, it was a red, blinking LED. Mine still works, with the original battery. I keep it turned off except for the occasional check to make sure it still works.

I don't imagine it would be too difficult to build, depending on your experience building circuits. Something to hold the battery, a capacitor, a resistor or two and a power switch. There are probably simple instructions to build something like it somewhere on the Internet.

Keep in mind, it should be flat enough to fit inside the box. There is only a slight bulge with the original device. I'd take a picture, but I'm not at home at the moment.
And, if I am not mistaken, not all the TMO box games had that blinking light.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Jim the old guy wrote:And, if I am not mistaken, not all the TMO box games had that blinking light.
No, there was only a Limited number sent out with the light... Not sure what that number was though... I'm not sure, but I think that it was only the US that got the Blinking Light boxes as well... I don't think they sent any overseas...

I remember, that's what drew my attention to Overseer in the first place... Had a certain amount of money I was aloud to spend, so I walked in and was just looking around and out of the corner of my eye I saw this light blinking, so I picked it up and realized it was a Tex Murphy game and my decision was made...

When I was a teenager I didn't keep up with what was new and coming soon and whatnot... When I had money I went to the store and looked around for something that sounded interesting and I bought it...
So I got lucky with landing one of the Blinking Light Boxes... Next time I'm in the rafters I'll pull it out and see if it still works... If not I'll replace the battery and hope it isn't a circuit issue...

Good to see you posting Jim...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
The blinking light was available in Canada too. I imagine you're right about overseas, though. The game likely was distributed by publishers other than Access outside of Canada/US and they would have been responsible for the packaging.
I bought my copy in Norway, and it had a blinking light...

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"
Mine in the UK didn't have it. Dunno if there was a version here with it though.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Bafitis wrote:
Jim the old guy wrote:And, if I am not mistaken, not all the TMO box games had that blinking light.
No, there was only a Limited number sent out with the light... Not sure what that number was though... I'm not sure, but I think that it was only the US that got the Blinking Light boxes as well... I don't think they sent any overseas...

I remember, that's what drew my attention to Overseer in the first place... Had a certain amount of money I was aloud to spend, so I walked in and was just looking around and out of the corner of my eye I saw this light blinking, so I picked it up and realized it was a Tex Murphy game and my decision was made...

When I was a teenager I didn't keep up with what was new and coming soon and whatnot... When I had money I went to the store and looked around for something that sounded interesting and I bought it...
So I got lucky with landing one of the Blinking Light Boxes... Next time I'm in the rafters I'll pull it out and see if it still works... If not I'll replace the battery and hope it isn't a circuit issue...

Good to see you posting Jim...
Circuit issue? There's always the Circuit kit.
For some reason I don't recall my copy of Overseer having a light on it. I'm going to have to pull out my Overseer box and take a look.
There was defo no light on the UK versions.
"When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." Jean Harlow