What does CAPRICORN stand for?

It's driving me crazy. And I can't seem to be able to run Overseer on my computer to find out what's the abbreviation for, so if anyone out there can help me refresh my memory, it'd be great. I know it stands for Civillian Agency of Protection something something something. Please put my mind to rest somebody. Thanks!
First of all, a big hearty welcome to the Tex Murphy message board.

Second, I wish I could help you! It has been a while since I played the game, but if I remember correctly, you can find out by accessing the American Information Database via the vid phone. I'll see if I can fire the game up and find out for you.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Does Capricorn have an actual meaning???

I just scanned through the UAKM E-Novel and it doesn't say in there... I had no idea though that the Colonel was killed, according to the Novel anyway...

I really need to read those books... I was hoping to get a Physical Copy of UAKM before reading them though...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Hi ya!

Thanks for the welcome!

Jim: Yeah, I think you can find it out from the A.I.D. I really should replay the game. It's been years! Will the GOG digital copy run smoothly on my Windows XP, you think? I have the original copies on the 5 CDs and the DVD , and it just won't work, sadly, no matter how I tried the troubleshooting solutions I've found on the Internet.

I don't know if my memory served me right, but I think CAPRICORN stands for Civillian Agency Protection of Individuals against Corruption, Radicalism and Neutralisation or something like that. If you can fire up your game and find out, I'd appreciate it. It's driving me mad.

Bafitis: Oh sweet! You have the novelisation? Are they any good?
Yeah I have UAKM and Pandora in E-Novel form, thanks to Jim for sending it to me and thanks to Demonlawyer for doing them...

If you send my your Email address through a PM or right on here if you don't mind anyone and everyone being able to see it, I will email you the PDF files...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Last edited by Jim the old guy on May 02, 2010 • 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You will love the novels and quickly learn to appreciate the sheer genius of Aaron Connors.

Baf, CPRICORN is an acronym and its secret is revealed by accessing the AID in Tex' office.
I'm already appreciating the genius of Aaron Connors from the games :D I miss the games sooo much. I am such a crime /detective/mystery/noir buff. The dialogues were genius. It's sad that they can't make new Tex Murphy adventures (something about Microsoft holding the rights, right?). I enjoyed the Radio Theatre as well. Sheer genius! Why oh why couldn't they continue with that too?
According to AID, C.A.P.R.I.C.O.R.N. stands for the Civilian Agency for the Protection of the Rights of Individuals and the Creation of Order, Reason and Neutrality. It was established in New York, 2005.

What I find the most interesting, however, is that it's a privately owned and funded operation...

But, uhm... Snag? Didn't the Colonel say that C.A.P.R.I.C.O.R.N. was finished somewhere around the mid-to-end of Under a Killing Moon? That the building was bombed and what not? I can't recall the details atm, it's been years since I had a playthrough...

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Good job, Fred. Yes, according to the novel and the game, CAPRICORN was debunked by the Brotherhood of Purity, if I am not mistaken. However, Overseer was told in flashback by Tex to Chelsee. Ergo, Overseer took place 6 years before UAKM. I think I'm close on this but would certainly welcome any clarifications by the more knowledgeable of this forum.
I must have never looked it up on the AID in Overseer, because I don't remember hearing what it stood for... Thanks Fred... Will have to replay Overseer in the near future...

Wow I didn't know it stood for anything. Just thought it was a cool sounding name for an organization.

Just because people think they are gone doesn't mean they are gone. They might have gone into hiding since the attack.

mscriminalist,
AC and CJ got back the rights for Tex. They only thing holding them back is money.

Right now the best we can do is buy the Tex games at GOG to play on our current machines and buy their new hidden object games at Big Finish Games.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
I was just thinking of our use in the story about the Eyes of Grendeljen. Aren't we messing up a plot point or something?

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
How do you figure???

mscriminalist wrote:Hi ya!

Thanks for the welcome!

Jim: Yeah, I think you can find it out from the A.I.D. I really should replay the game. It's been years! Will the GOG digital copy run smoothly on my Windows XP, you think? I have the original copies on the 5 CDs and the DVD , and it just won't work, sadly, no matter how I tried the troubleshooting solutions I've found on the Internet.

I don't know if my memory served me right, but I think CAPRICORN stands for Civillian Agency Protection of Individuals against Corruption, Radicalism and Neutralisation or something like that. If you can fire up your game and find out, I'd appreciate it. It's driving me mad.

Bafitis: Oh sweet! You have the novelisation? Are they any good?
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... f=3&t=1576
use this for coverting your 5 cd's to a hard disk version, it works smooth as silk on your system.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Jim: As far as I remember, Overseer IS a flashback story that Tex tells Chelsee while they are on the date to the Golden Pegoda. It goes back to Tex' first case which actually is his Mean Streets case. So that's why C.A.P.R.I.C.O.R.N can easily exist in that game.