Oversser - Now Available at GOG!

The fifth and (so far) final Tex adventure has been released on GOG.com! If you've never experienced this chapter in the Tex saga--along with its shocking conclusion--now is the time!

Click here for more information!
Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if they managed to get the rights to the DVD version.
Seems to be just the CD version for now. They're still working on getting the DVD version working smoothly and will replace the game files if/when they're successful. Let's hope they are!
Hmmm...ok. Does that mean I should NOT buy this one and hold out for the DVD version? Would they charge extra for it or would they give it to us at a discount if we buy the original in the interim or as some kind of upgrade?
I don't think it's a done deal that there will be a DVD version, just that they're still working on it. The response from GOG in this thread is, in short, "no promises."
Joel wrote:Hmmm...ok. Does that mean I should NOT buy this one and hold out for the DVD version? Would they charge extra for it or would they give it to us at a discount if we buy the original in the interim or as some kind of upgrade?
From what I gathered, if they are successful in getting the DVD version to work, they will just replace the CD version on their site with the DVD version - therefore it would be a free upgrade if you've already purchased it. It would just require you to log on and re-download the new version.
Fantastic - woo hoo!
David
Kewl now I can download all 5 in one transaction...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Bafitis wrote:Kewl now I can download all 5 in one transaction...
Lol just remember to pack some rations and enjoy your week, Baf!
hold off for pandora as they are currently doing a new installer to fix it up.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Good to know thanks... I wasn't planning on getting them for another couple of days anyway...

Curious though, what's wrong with the Installer???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I downloaded the game recently, installed it and have run it. It's fine, i'm not sure what the issue is. I'm running XP also.
they missed files out, you may not realise it, I will list them so you can see the problem.

1. Viewing the translated letter, the letter scroll up to show you the bottom of the page, this does not happen. shows half of page.

2. the dagger from the pawn shop should spin while viewing it.

3. witt's apartment - the two books on floor should open when viewing them, the books do not open.

so far these are the one's I have found as I haven't advanced further into the game.. if you don't click examine on each object you may not be noticing the errors.

I also beleive if playing gamer mode the numbers do not show on the back of photo to open the statue, i cannot confirm this as I am not playing that path.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
I'm assuming a free update will be available after they fix Pandora, if you have already bought that one?

I bought it yesterday, and just started it. It installed and is working fine so far on my Vista machine.
Thanks for the outline there, Plumgas. I just hope I don't have to download the game all over again. Like Jcarnby said, hopefully they should have a patch or update to rectify the issue. On the other hand though, do the flaws in the software prevent the player from advancing or understanding anything crucial? I still haven't played it all the way through so I don't know any better at the moment.