Mac Malden in overseer?

Hello!

i just completed overseer recently and noticed that Mac Malden was listed in the end credits

i never saw him in the game though, did i miss something obvious, or am i just plain blind?
He was getting his butt chewed by the female police officer that was a friend of the Colonel's. It was only a short scene towards the beginning of the game.

Easy to miss!

And welcome Mr. or Ms. No Name. :D
He is in the background the first time you go into the police office. (he's being yelled at) :D
I seem to recall him wearing a dark green T-shirt and acting very nervous. Eve Clements did a nice butt chewing of ol' big nose. Tex passes him and they look at each other with that I-think-we've-met-before-look.

BTW, welcome to the board!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Thanks for the replies and thanks for the warm welcome :)
i can't believe that someone beat my nickname-secret so fast (refering to Jen)

I guess it's just a fun part to see Mac Malden, but i still don't understand what he's doing at eve's place.

anyway, i have some more questions but i hate to be the annoying new guy who makes 100 new threads in every section, so i'll just continue in this thread.

I like the tex-games a lot, but i've never really been deep into everything around it, getting us to next question:
why was there never a a follow up to overseer? it has such a "to be continued"-ending (Literally)
and i read somewhere that Chris Jones said he would never act in a game again, when did he say that and why whould he not do that? he's awesome.

i'll just stop typing now, but i'd love somre replies and explanations :)
Well, pop a squat my friend and stay awhile.

Chris Jones, I believe hasn't gone on record saying he'd never act as Tex again. He lacks only opportunity. Which is the BIG problem.

Microsoft bought Access Software located in Salt Lake City(partly CJ's company) for the Links Golf Sim. Tex came packaged with. MS decided that more Tex games wouldn't cut a profit, and thus shelved him.

Chris bid adeiu, and started another company. Aaron and some others stayed with Microslave.

Till MS sold the SLC division to Indie Built, a subsidary of Take Two Games. They snatched up Aaron, and made Amped 3, a HILARIOUS snowboarding game. (Truly guys, you really should play it, it's a lot of fun)

After a couple of years, they closed Indie Built, laid off the employees, and Take Two reabsorbed the rights to TM. (At least what I can surmise for Aaron's post.) Take that one as a maybe, not fact.

ANYHOW, if you look around, a few years ago, the guys, (bless their hearts) made a Tex Murphy radio Theatre to continue where the game Overseer left off. They did 6 episodes. If the fates are willing, maybe someday they will do another Tex project. But for now, all we can do is hope and wait. :D

In a nutshell.....
Jen

PS. Mac at Eve's? They're both cops. MAC was junior at the time. They were both at the SanFrancisco Police Dept. Mac's big break came in Martian Memorandum with help from Tex.

BTW Mac is CJ's brother (you might have known that), so I'm sure he wanted to make sure he got a little exposure.
oh, i read something about a radio show, any hints on where you might get a hold on that? digitally that is,

and what are you refering to as Aarons post? has he posted anything here?

and another question! since i'm not that core at the tex-games i have only played the entertainment modes of pandora directive and overseer (there isn't one in uakm, right?), is there much more to get by playing the hard-core modes? is it worth it if you're only after "new material" in the game?
Playing the Pandora Gamer mode is more fun, exceptionally challenging and contains more difficult puzzles (some with time constraints). Also, try playing all three paths: Mission Street, Lombard Street and Boulevard of Broken Dreams. There are a total of 8 endings, some which appear more than once but you have to do different things to attain each.

Also, check out AC's thread "A little bird told me" to get updated info regarding the future of Tex.
8 endings?

SPOILERS!

1.the HoloDate end
2.the clown end
3.the cowgirl ending
- these are the 3 engings that don't resort in Tex dying.
4.tex gets shot in the leg then tex and fitzpatrick get blown up together
5.tex gets locked in the space ship and gets blown up
6.tex gets locked in the space ship, escapes using his pocket knife and then gets blown up.
7.tex gets fraged for not shooting fitzpatrick
the rest are tex dying - :(

what is the 8th ending again?
The 8th ending is just the Clown ending, but it adheres to both Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Lomard St paths... so it's the same ending, but you can get it twice... hence 8 endings (7 if you are being pedantic).

-Cub. =o)
I really thought that was misleading I cant recall any difference between the two than the possible voiceover right before and the screen that describes the two other paths.
Another possibility for the 8th ending is Mission Street #2, an ending to a path that many never knew existed.

Also, it could be the 4th BOBD ending, the clown ending. For those who are familiar with this, it seems to be contradictory to other BOBD endings.
Yeah there were meant to be 2 Mission 2 Lombard and 4 Broken Dreams right? I'm guessing I'm missing the 2nd Mission Street one. (actually I never knew there was 2.. I just remember the game said there are two and never knew how to get it.)
I thought the difference between the two clown endings was that in one Tex was shot in the leg & in another he wasn't. Aside from that vague recollection, I agree, they're virtually identical.
A loyal Tex Murphy fan,
Hammerhead
Emanon wrote:oh, i read something about a radio show, any hints on where you might get a hold on that? digitally that is,

and what are you refering to as Aarons post? has he posted anything here?

and another question! since i'm not that core at the tex-games i have only played the entertainment modes of pandora directive and overseer (there isn't one in uakm, right?), is there much more to get by playing the hard-core modes? is it worth it if you're only after "new material" in the game?
The radio show is right here on UOTM website. Just click on the case files on the main page and select Radio Theater from there.
"Frankie says 'Relax and wear a Hawaiian shirt' ". --Tex Murphy, PI