Just a question...

So I loaded up Pandora Directive and walked around his apartment, and all I could find was a bathroom sink and the mirror above it. Does he have a bathroom in his apartment that I missed? Surely he showers somewhere...I'm fairly certain Nilo's public bathroom doesn't have one, even if Tex was willing to use it.
My blog:
http://nvracar.wordpress.com/
Considering Malloy's room didn't have a bathroom, I'd have to assume the washrooms on the second floor are for residents and guests. That said, Tex does say he would never step foot in there.

It's funny, but washrooms are frequently forgotten in fiction when designing places. Just look at Star Trek, did we ever see evidence of a toilet? I can only recall showers and at least one bath. For now, we'll just assume Louie has some facilities that he lets Tex share. :)
I thought Tex was brushing his teeth in the bathroom when Cheslee shows up at the Ritz in Pandora. Or was he brushing his teeth from the bedroom?

Or is it in the future we've all mutated so badly we don't need to use the bathroom or take showers anymore?
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Interestingly enough he also had a bathrobe. Always gave me the impression he just took a shower.
sam10100 wrote:I thought Tex was brushing his teeth in the bathroom when Cheslee shows up at the Ritz in Pandora. Or was he brushing his teeth from the bedroom?
I'm pretty sure he was brushing at his sink in his bedroom. In fact he leans over to look out the door into his office when Chelsee comes in.
Yeah I thought he didn't have a proper bathroom from that clip
David
I've often contemplated this subject as well. Oh, the perils of obsessive fandom... :)

In The Pandora Directive, Tex has a soap-on-a-rope hanging next to the sink in his bedroom, so I'd wager that he scrubs up in the sink in lieu of a shower. As for taking care of other "business"...the restrooms at the Ritz are literally a "no-go" – unless it's an absolute emergency (i.e. too many double-decker dogs from Weenie World). However, the Brew & Stew is just down the street. Since Tex spends so much time there anyway, I've just assumed that he makes use of Louie's facilities when nature calls.
Come to think of it in the books he showers at Louie's doesn't he?
David
Demonlawyer wrote:Come to think of it in the books he showers at Louie's doesn't he?
Yes, I think he does at one point!
On the other hand, maybe Chelsee went to Phoenix because she couldn't stand the smell.

OK, sorry about the bad pun. I know, that joke.....................stinks.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"