Upcoming Twitch.TV Pandora Directive Stream

Last edited by Sai on July 20, 2013 • 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just thought I'd mention that I noticed one of the top Twitch.tv channels will be playing a bit of Pandora Directive for about 30mins~1 hour (since it is a subscriber request thing with multiple games) on Saturday afternoon. They tend to get a lot of viewers, today for example they have over 1,300. Hopefully it'll introduce more to the series! :D
http://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming

I'm not sure of the exact time that Tex Murphy will show up but here's their subscriber requests schedule:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... TaXc#gid=0
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
there is one on there already that was recorded 8 months ago, so you don't have to wait for saturday.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:there is one on there already that was recorded 8 months ago, so you don't have to wait for saturday.
There is actually a few on there. I also recently saw BondJuan the other day gearing up to play Tex Murphy Overseer but it was late in my timezone to watch live. Twitch.TV is basically a site for people to have their own "channel" (similar to Youtube but live). It seems to be growing a lot lately, there's a mobile phone app and some consoles like the upcoming Xbox One will make it so you can natively stream gameplay to it.

But yeah this particular channel has over 47,000 followers so they often get over 1,000 people watching each livestream. I'm hoping it'll get a lot of viewers who have never heard of Tex Murphy before :)
Oops looks like they moved the schedule around and played Tex Murphy on Friday instead, I missed it but according to the archive there was about 1,150 people watching when Tex Murphy started. :D

They watched the opening cutscenes, explored and laughed at the witty things in Tex's apartment (including the fire-breathing dragon/ex-wife photo), scored a "date" with Chelsea, bargained (begrudgingly) with Nilo, got grossed out by the sandwich in the vending machine, then got knocked out when searching Malloy's apartment. They had to stop there and move onto the next game.

Hopefully it introduced a bunch of people to the Tex series who hadn't heard of it before. :) I think a number of people in their chat did enjoy it since at the end they responded with "Yeah it's good, I'll have to finish it someday".

I did notice they struggled with the controls though, good thing Tesla Effect will improve that :)