I'm too weak-willed...

I was going to wait until we get the GOG credits to download Pandora Directive, but I just couldn't wait. Guess I'll give them out to some friends and try to convert them.

Anyway, obviously glad I got the game! I'm not sure how far I am into the game, but so far, it's great! How exactly do the different paths work? Is there a considerable difference between the different paths? What I mean is, is it really that big of a difference if you play differently?

I put it on the mode with the harder puzzles, etc, and so far, I've enjoyed the puzzles. I've been stuck for a while though, and I've got to admit, that hint button is tempting! But no - I must rise above! Well, I'm going to get back at it! Cheers, folks.
IS there a difference between the paths........YES!!!!! typing jky during gameplay will give you your path. Enjoy!
"The real world is bizarre enough for me." - Blue Öyster Cult
Well, from a gameplay perspective, there are only some small differences between the paths. There is one point in the game where you have to accomplish something differently on Boulevard of Broken Dreams than you do on Lombard Street or Mission Street. Most other gameplay differences are fairly minor. Obviously, I will avoid spoilers.

Story-wise, there are quite a few differences.
I can tell you that if you stick with the gamer mode and forsake the hint system you *will* get some nice little extra hard parts to play.

Won't spoil anything for you, but let's just say gamer mode has extras that entertainment mode doesn't have.
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
Gamer mode is great if you like pressure as in timed puzzles and some trials not found in the other mode.

As for paths, well, most of the conversations will differ a little and can affect what path you are on, but the real changes take place on path C - BOBD. Be prepared, though, for some changes you won't like if you end up on that path.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Well it's possible the person may like the changes, depending on their personality.
Back in the day this was always useful before we had it all figured out

http://www.the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Ac ... rective.4/
This is how we Kick It! GO BIG (Finish) or Go Home!

"All people who generalize are idiots"
Yeah, right now I'm trying to play a friendly Tex. I'll definitely get around to trying the Boulevard of Broken Dreams path, but I figured I'd try for the others first. I was stuck for a while yesterday, but I eventually figured it out - turned out I had forgotten to ask the reporter about Sandra on the vidphone. Not sure how that happened, but yeah, I was pretty much wandering aimlessly up and down Chandler Ave trying to figure out what I had overlooked.

I haven't booted up the game yet, today, but I ended it last night at Autotech. Can't wait to figure out what the heck is going on!
Best tip I can give for Gamer mode is save very often and use the increment feature so you don't wipe out saves you may want later...
Yeah, I've been doing the incremental saving - figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Still haven't had a chance to do the Autotech part, yet. Hopefully I'll find some time tonight!
I'm replaying Pandora right now too. Sounds like you're right about where I am.
marinedalek wrote:Best tip I can give for Gamer mode is save very often and use the increment feature so you don't wipe out saves you may want later...
What's the difference in Saving Often and Increment Saving??? Don't think I've ever used this feature or maybe I use it without knowing, because I've never had saved games wiped out...

As for Gamer mode, yes there is an entire scene/game segment that you will miss out on if you leave Gamer mode and go to Entertainment mode... It isn't until later near the end, but it is a scene worth playing... And as Jim said, it makes the puzzles more intense with the Time Limit... Trying to get all those Bonus points it's a great feel of accomplishment...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Bafitis wrote:
marinedalek wrote:Best tip I can give for Gamer mode is save very often and use the increment feature so you don't wipe out saves you may want later...
What's the difference in Saving Often and Increment Saving??? Don't think I've ever used this feature or maybe I use it without knowing, because I've never had saved games wiped out...

As for Gamer mode, yes there is an entire scene/game segment that you will miss out on if you leave Gamer mode and go to Entertainment mode... It isn't until later near the end, but it is a scene worth playing... And as Jim said, it makes the puzzles more intense with the Time Limit... Trying to get all those Bonus points it's a great feel of accomplishment...
Well the big difference in incrementing the save is that everytime you save, you create a new save, and keep the old save as well. I find this to be very time saving, because sometimes you may save over top of something you didn't mean to save over. It doesn't happen very often, but having the ability to go back 10 or 20 saves ago to do something different storywise that you messed up will save you having to play the game all the way over again.
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
Oh, I just name my Saves when I save the game, usually I save it with a Number on the end... I'll just pick a Save Game name, be whatever it is and then as I'm playing when I save, I'll just put a 1 and then a 2 and then a 3 and so forth... With Pandora I'll end up with 30 saved games easy sometimes...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Speaking of saved games there is a potential combine inventory item dead end near the end of the game where it takes away an inventory item prematurely so I would save at least once per day.