"Have you been here long?"

I dont think the Mayans wanted just anyone getting to that spacecraft? But it brings up another question? I assume with the Black Sun symbol the Mayans knew about this technology? Why didn't they tell anyone? Or was the Mayan civilization like Fitzpatrick? Half human, half alien.
Just because the Aliens showed the Maya the different Symbols doesn't mean they were capable of understanding Anti-Hydrogen...

But it would probably be a Safe bet to assume that the Maya were comprised of Full Blooded and Half-Blooded Aliens... Which is how the DNA has remained in circulation for so long...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
That explains Stephen Hawking.

-Cub. =o)
This whole transporter thing is not in harmony with all we DO know. First, how did she get into the chamber? A big sign that says "enter here and push this button"? I don't think so. Also, why the need for the whole rising platform? And why would Reagan be afraid of it, as it was rising and nearing the top, if she had to use it to lower herself? Just for show for Tex's sake? Don't think so. It would be out of sinc with the Maya civilization and their way of thinking. OK, so the aliens landing in a spaceship would definitely have a shocking affect on them, but to leave advanced technology just laying around the jungle? Not plausible. Finally, they arrive on the surface and voila! the teleporter is gone!

Still, my rope theory doesn't exactly solve other problems and I am not saying that that is the only possibility. But I do enjoy this discussion and I hope we can keep it going. It makes for some VERY interesting reading and reasoning. Good job, my friends!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I'm still going with the collapsing floor theory. I think the Mayans condisered the ascension chamber a dungeon and only those worthy will ascend.
You mean someone could fall in and probably never get out? That sounds interesting except for one thing: that is a long way down and surely Reagan would have been seriously injured.
What is the Ascension scene like in the Book??? I haven't read Pandora yet, I'm about halfway through Moon... Again a Very BIG Thank You Jim...

How similar is the whole Mayan chapter between the book and the game???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Wow! Good question, Baf. It's been so long since I read the book I can't remember.
The book is very similar. Except instead of a pillar rising up like it did in the game when the 4 pedestals were sunk into the floor, the book tells of the whole floor of the chamber rising up, until it almost reaches the ceiling. It them comes to an abrupt stop and the are able to reach one of the windows/doorways that was too high to reach when they first entered the chamber. They simply walked out and came across the spacecraft.

No where near as fantastic as it happened in the game, but for the sake of practicality it seems to work well.

-Cub. =o)
Thanks for that precious bit of info from the book, Cub. Simpler and probably more believable but not as exciting as the game. And, I might add, that still leaves us with our amiable debate regarding the game. Good points made by all.
I agree, the game is much more excitable, but in the book that way probably works well...

Best thing I can think of regarding Regan is that the Vent shafts are big enough for a person to fall into and they are pitched at an angel that wouldn't cause too much speed to where she would get hurt once she comes through the hole in the ceiling and hits the floor...

And that is how she got into the chamber, she was exploring the jungle, fell into one of the vent shafts, slid down the shaft and landed in the chamber...

What puzzles me is the fact that Cross is waiting exactly where the Transporter puts Tex and Regan, and more importantly Regan doesn't look surprised to see him there waiting...

So lets say Cross and Regan were together and Cross did help her to get into the Chamber by whatever way... How then did Cross know where they would be Transported to???

Another good question, Baf.

1. I firmly believe that Cross and Regan were working together all along. Think about it. When Tex cracked the code on Malloy's disc, Malloy listed the names and addresses of the five people he sent the boxes to. he also listed Regan's name but no address. So, how did Regan end up with one of the boxes? If she and her father had a "falling out" as she mentioned to Tex, why on earth would he send her a box? No, the NSA some how learned that Archie Ellis received a box, broke into his store, stole it, and Cross gave it to Regan to entice Tex to unwittingly assist them in their nefarious quest. Ergo, Cross and Regan, knowing the general location of the space ship, travel together in hopes of finding a way to complete their ruse and end up with all the marbles, so to speak. However, that still doesn't explain how she ends up at the bottom of the ascension chamber.

2. Evidently, Regan was attracted to Tex and she may have influenced Cross to let her attempt to sway him to their way of thinking, thus helping them find a way into the ship and get the teasure. When she and Tex arrived up top and saw the ship, Regan may have been acting like she didn't know it was there. After all, both she and Cross apparently saw it when they got to the general area. The only thing they didn't know was how to get inside the ship. Since Tex and Fitzpatrick were working together they may have also felt the need to keep Tex alive long enough to find out whether he knew of a way into the ship.

3. I had another point to make but I spent so much time of the first two I cannot remember what 3 was!!! OK, now I got it. Cross didn't have to know exactly where Regan and Tex would arrive on the surface. He knew for a fact that they would eventually end up at the ship. All he had to do was wait in the general vicinity.
No I agree that they were working together, because Cross even says that "Ms. Madsen believed you could be pulled over to our side." when talking to Tex... Then he goes on to talk about how he would let Tex do all the work... And then here they are at the appointed place at the appointed time... Then Cross gets ready to kill Tex and Fitzpatrick appears...

So yes, Cross and Regan were definitely working together...

I don't know, that's a big ship covering a lot of area... And in a dense jungle they could have been only 20 feet apart and not know it... The fact that he was right there behind a tree where they materialized is still curious...

Cross found the spaceship before Tex and Regan. It's easy to know where someone is going to be if you know where the finish line is.
My point exactly, BJ.