My trip to Pandoralandworldville :D

So! I finished TPD again last night and for the first time I went with the walkthrough that said how to go by each path separately. I chose path C.
Oh man those cutscenes.... tex being drunk, chelsea leving, emily being killed, tex being drunk part II, etc.etc., so, even though I dislike the path for the character, I have to say this is the most thrilling of all. Tex gains a human depth we do not find on other paths, most exciting indeed!

And I'd like to share the funny bits of my journey:
1 - So I'm having problem with CD 3, right? I get home from the Fuchsia and try to solve the black arrow killer note, but the game freezes every time I examine it. So I put CD 2 to give it a try, it works! And the game thinks I have CD 3 on the drive, so I go to Mac Malden's. But, wait a second, I have CD 2 on the drive, Malden's on CD 3. Who says the game cares? It works! :o
2 - Having restored normality I go on with the game, but I need to go to talk to Crazy Gary. Every time I step into the alley, the game freezes. The other CD thingy doesn't work, he asks for the CD 3 all the time. Luckily, the putting all the *.ap files from all the cds on pandora's folder works, and I can go on with the game.
3 - BUT BEHOLD! Did you know that some things now make no difference whatsoever? What do you mean? I explain: So I get to talk to Elijah Witt, I bought the tracer and I turn the vidfone on, I talk to him and in the middle of the conversation (which there is no breaking out) I realize that between buying the tracer and turning the vidfone on, I should have USED the tracer on the vidfone. Ah! what the heck! I finish the conversation, Elijah goes (to the desert and makes rain :P) to the Savoy and I go to his apartment, WITHOUT having used the tracer. BUT BEHOLD n.2! I do everything on his apartment, and the book that we use to see the mayan calendar won't open :S. BUT BEHOLD n.3! So I'm in Gamer, right? The statue with the key hole on it's belly has 6 rows I need to complete, right? :o! The photo of the statue carries the entertainment rows, only those four. D'oh!
4 - So I get to the Mayan labyrinth, right? This time I do everything by myself, no hint, no walkthrough, I note down the map and head on to finding stuff. I arrive at the dead corpse (not Oliver Edsen's) and get the shield (why do I use this?) and the rope (that's right the shield and the rope). I had already gotten the lenses, the lamp and the gun from Oliver Edsen. I get everything else and head to the fireball room. For the first time ever I get through it at the first attempt. So I keep collecting stuff and get to the wasp chamber. A flying D'OH! passes by as I realize I missed the handkerchief on Oliver Edsen's! I get back PASS the fireball room, which means I can now beat it backwords \o/. Back back back, back!, to Oliver Edsen's I get the handkerchief and pass the Fireball room again to the wasp chamber. Done combining the handkerchief with the oil to realize I should have something to get this up to the wasps! A mega-flying D'OH passes by as I realize I left the spear on the dead corpse (why the hell did I get this shield for??). That means: back through the fireball room, back through the labyrinth, get the spear, through the labyrinth, through the fireball room to the wasp chamber when, finally, FINALLY, those wasps are dead and I can continue my journey. I did even try to skip this chamber and go to the next, but Tex wouldn't let me :(.

Yeah, on the end I try to shoot Fitzpatrick, he gives me a bad look "Who are you Tex?" and I feel sorry for myself :(.

A hell of a ride! How can a game be so entertaining after several years of gameplay (it will make 10 next year), be so handsomely produced and so ingeniously written? Beware AC and CJ if I meet you on the street, there will be harassment!
"Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope" - by me.

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."
Wow... I must say you tok me on a little adventure yourself just then lol!

It's true though... I am still itching to play through some of the Pandora endings again. They are really great fun!

Glad you had some fun! :D

-Cub. =o)
Cubase wrote:It's true though... I am still itching to play through some of the Pandora endings again. They are really great fun!
-Cub. =o)
That was the most fun of everything, I had never played the C path, and it's not only about the ending, the whole game changes dramatically. It's too awesome :D.
"Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope" - by me.

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."