Pandora black dagger

Hi everybody!

Nice forum you have here, will definitly be joinig in on the fun! after I found out AC and CJ had started up Big Finish Games i had to refresh my Tex memory :)
But now I have encountered a problem. I´m in the mayan maze and have arrived at the 5 daggers puzzle. But i´m missing the black dagger. I did pick it up from the pawnshop. when I use a hint it says the black dagger should be in the puzzle room leaning on one of the benches. anyone know where I cocked up? :P please help me!
btw, I´m running GOG.com´s version, if that has anything to do with it
First off, Welcome To Our Community... Please do stick around and join in the fun...

As to your problem...
Did you page down through your Inventory??? I know that if you grab everything you can through the game, you'll end up with a 2nd page of inventory items and since you got the Black Dagger so early in the game, it could be on the 2nd page of the inventory items... Under the Inventory box on the right corner you should see 2 arrows, one pointing up and one pointing down, can you click on either of those to cycle the pages of inventory items???

Only thing I can think of... Other than that the only thing I can think of is you might have a bad or missing inventory file...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
It's a little glitch, related to the fact that if you enter the Mayan temple without collecting the dagger from Rook to begin with it will place it somewhere in the Mayan temple for you to pick up.

Despite what the game says I always thought it was sitting up against the wall in one of the tunnels (or was that the white/gold one?) Either way, if you dont have it in your inventory, it will be somewhere in the temple. And if not that I think Baf may be right about the glitched inverntory file... which is not all that uncommon either.

-Cub. =o)
Thank you, I´ll be sticking around :)

I´m guessing it´s a corrupt file then! Did UAKM and Pandora Directive, at least all the way to day nine, in one sitting so i´ll just wait a couple of days and do Pandora again. Right now my eyes need the break anyway :P

Thanks for the answers
No problem, always happy to help if we can...

GOG should let you redownload it if you need to... Also over on Nilo's site, if you haven't been there I'll leave the link at the bottom of this post, he has several saved games and probably has one just after the Dagger Room, you could load it up and just continue on...
The Dagger room, you're pretty close to the end... Any idea what path you are on???

Nilo's Place...
http://home.wideopenwest.com/~hbech/
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I never saw the point in that. It would have made more sense to have collecting the dagger a flag to advance the gameplay then make it something totally optional. I think the jackknife automatically gets placed in the inventory if you don't pick it up too.
I agree... I think they could have added some other things as well to collect a couple of the other Daggers prior to going to the Temple... Instead of finding them all scattered here and there...
Like maybe Malloy could have had more than one crate in storage, all with different puzzles on them to open them... That would have been kind of neat, kind of like the Puzzle boxes, but different you know...

I´m guessing i´m on the mission street path. Thanks for the tip, downloaded a saved game from Nilos page!
i remember in the past people have found no dagger in the inventory & I think it was due to no examination when you originally pick it up .
A complete waste of time downloading the game again as it's not a corrupt file.

Read a post a couple of months ago on GOG where someone got to the moon child & no watch to put the winterchip in, couldn't go back either stuck in limbo. Not sure how that happened the game should not allowed him to board the ship without it.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
That's interesting. One time I played UAKM and had the watch in inventory but hadn't combined it with the winter chip, & it immediately took me to a talk with the Big PI in the Sky after beating Ferrel Pus & getting a Mickey Finn. I certainly can't imagine why the game would allow playability on the Moon Child if the watch was never acquired when I could achieve such an ending by having it but not using it right.

Hammerhead
I didn't think it was possible either but it is possible, see below.
found this post on gog-

I got to the bar where that woman serves Tex the "house special" drink, which causes Tex to blackout. When Tex awakens, he realizes that he is on the Moon Child, but all his stuff has been taken from him. He then mentions something about hiding the Winter Chip inside a watch with a secret compartment. If this is truly a dead end, then that's bad design. It shouldn't be possible to get to that point if there is no way to go back and retrieve the watch.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Every time that I've rushed through the game and have forgotten the Watch, I get to the Moon Child and Tex plays with his hat while the monologue talks about having something to hide the chip in and then the game ends... Never had it go into play mode after that though...

Let me see if I understand this conversation. We - as super-duper advanced game players - forget or ignore something earlier in a game, finally get to the all important end of game, do NOT have the right part OR we have NOT made the right decision, we die and/or get booted out of the game that we as super-duper advanced game players have been playing, and it is the fault of the game designers? Oh, yeah, NOW I understand.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
I in no way blame the designers... But what I'm getting from a couple of the posts is that people are forgetting the Watch, but are Not getting the Ending, they are being allowed to play the Moon Child stage even though they don't have the Winter Chip to destroy the Moon Child, so they are being put into Limbo left to wonder the few Moon Child rooms for Eternity...

Where as Pandora didn't really allow you to get stuck by not doing something with the inventory per say. UAKM was different with the watch that was previously mentioned. Also the same goes in Overseer. If you don't pick up the circuit kit from Linsky's warehouse before going into Val Davis's chamber you're done for. I think I'm more of a fan of letting players get stuck. Save early. Save often!