AC's day at the movies

Now that's some funny s@#t!
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
BBBWWWAAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAA!

That made me choke on Dr.Pepper!!!!

:lol:
AC wrote:
Things I liked about the movie:
1. Karen Allen - she looked like a real 60 year-old woman! Yay!
2. The movie didn't take itself too seriously.
3. Mutt was surprisingly un-annoying (I think Shia's a very good actor, by the way).
4. Somehow, against all odds, Spielberg didn't turn it into a cloying, sugar-coated love fest.
5. Harrison Ford still has charisma.
6. Great chase scene through the college campus
7. Loved all the story elements :wink:

Things I didn't like:
1. The fight scenes - too many, too long, too contrived, too too too...
2. Cate Blanchette's wig and "Kevin Costner-esque accent" (great actress, but not one of her great performances)
3. The dead characters got referenced one too many times.
4. The waterfall sequence was just dumb.
5. Russians can't shoot for $#it. How many thousand rounds can you fire from close range and miss?

AC
Hi Aaron :) Thanks for checking in. Apart from the film, how have you been in general lately? Thanks for your review on KOTCS, be sure to check my review thread, there's a few reviews in there too (including one from yours truly ;) ) I must say that I also enjoyed the film too, I ended up giving it 4 out of 5 stars. I agree with all of your "good points" in regard to the film, except for Mutt, I can't say I was a fan.

As for your "bad points", agree with those too, especially number 5! lol. I was also a little bothered by the head of Marcus Broady falling from the statue, that worked against the heart-felt tribute they paid to Denholm and Sean earlier in the film. The only thing I would add to that list is sometimes the CGI made some scenes feel a little "plasticated" if you know what I mean. Ie: Russian getting devoured by killer ants.

Be sure to check out the fan site, The Raven, some of the haters there are the funniest yet!

I hope all is well.
Absolutely loved the write up Aaron, you're a way more civilized man than I :D As I already established the film was trying to I guess copy all of the Indy clones that have existed, the most prominent would be of course Pandora Directive but also National Treasure 2 because in NT2 the Golden City was also used and unraveled into an entire government conspiracy (in a very similar fashion to tex). The advantage that NT2 had over Indy4 was that the ending actually made sense and was quite refreshing where the villain is given the same credit as the heroes and in the end redeems himself through self sacrifice. I found that film better than crystal skull and they are both very similar.

Even if you were to Sue George Lucas you probably wouldn't win, or for that matter you'd get a lot of negativity from his fans, which is a big no no since they do also play games and probably make up 30% of your target demographic Aaron :D. Though I'm glad everyone you knew jumped to the same conclusion as myself, the second I heard Rosewell I cried out PANDORA DIRECTIVE!! :D.

Now I know I've been hell negative on the film, I can say its an alright film just so long as you ignore the fact that George Lucas doesn't know anything about how to write anymore (he lost his ability when he stopped doing films and living off royalties :P). And Steven Spielberg lied to all his fans when over hyping the film. I felt that their reputations suggested that they actually knew what they were doing.. only now proves that they are no longer masters of their craft, Spielberg disappointed me with War of the Worlds and made me realize that he's really lost it as a director/creative mind. His work on Transformers was alright but I felt that the story fell a bit short with that Sector 7 crap - like that was just a filler to add more cast to the film *sigh*. Not to mention that the over use of CG has gotten unbearable. Honestly if you are going to put so much damn special effects in your films you might as well make a GOD DAMN VIDEO GAME!!! :D

Btw Aaron make sure you get a chance to check out Metal Gear Solid 4 when it comes out. You could learn a lot from that game as Kojima is one of the best project leader/directors in the video game industry at the moment.

Good to hear from you :D.
mr_cyberpunk wrote:Absolutely loved the write up Aaron, you're a way more civilized man than I :D As I already established the film was trying to I guess copy all of the Indy clones that have existed, the most prominent would be of course Pandora Directive but also National Treasure 2 because in NT2 the Golden City was also used and unraveled into an entire government conspiracy (in a very similar fashion to tex). The advantage that NT2 had over Indy4 was that the ending actually made sense and was quite refreshing where the villain is given the same credit as the heroes and in the end redeems himself through self sacrifice. I found that film better than crystal skull and they are both very similar.

Even if you were to Sue George Lucas you probably wouldn't win, or for that matter you'd get a lot of negativity from his fans, which is a big no no since they do also play games and probably make up 30% of your target demographic Aaron :D. Though I'm glad everyone you knew jumped to the same conclusion as myself, the second I heard Rosewell I cried out PANDORA DIRECTIVE!! :D.

Now I know I've been hell negative on the film, I can say its an alright film just so long as you ignore the fact that George Lucas doesn't know anything about how to write anymore (he lost his ability when he stopped doing films and living off royalties :P). And Steven Spielberg lied to all his fans when over hyping the film. I felt that their reputations suggested that they actually knew what they were doing.. only now proves that they are no longer masters of their craft, Spielberg disappointed me with War of the Worlds and made me realize that he's really lost it as a director/creative mind. His work on Transformers was alright but I felt that the story fell a bit short with that Sector 7 crap - like that was just a filler to add more cast to the film *sigh*. Not to mention that the over use of CG has gotten unbearable. Honestly if you are going to put so much damn special effects in your films you might as well make a GOD DAMN VIDEO GAME!!! :D

Btw Aaron make sure you get a chance to check out Metal Gear Solid 4 when it comes out. You could learn a lot from that game as Kojima is one of the best project leader/directors in the video game industry at the moment.

Good to hear from you :D.

But you hate everything.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
who told you that?
mr_cyberpunk wrote:who told you that?
Am I wrong? heh
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Bad guys who cant shoot is incompetence. Guess they never had to deal with this type of thing before. They should have made a minor good guy character and have him die. A little too happy :)

I also agree with Conners that the car chase by the cliffside was a little too drawn out with the skull being tossed like a football game. I would have liked to see some more whip use or guile. Like Indy wearing a KGB uniform. Liked the I like Ike stuff though.
Bjyman wrote:with the skull being tossed like a football game.
I also find it strange that sometimes the Skull was one of the Heaviest things any one in the movie would pick up and then like you say, they were tossing it around like a Football... I guess with it being an Alien Skull it had the ability to become light as air or heavy as lead...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
As much as I loved the film, I must say that the concept of the Crystal Skull artifact was a little underdeveloped. Did anyone notice how it was inconsistently magnetic? At one point, it attracts coins, yet at the same time there were soldiers standing around holding guns. Plus, Indiana did say there was a "great magnetic force" coming from the skull. I wasn't convinced of this. I still liked the film though.
Just saw the film yesterday. Thought it was great and a very fun film with some great scenes. Only two things I was expecting to be different:

At the beginning when the Russians turn to Indy in the storage building and are going to shoot him, I was expecting the magnetism of the skull etc. would of attracted the bullets from the Russian's guns back to the skull in mid-air and was expecting some nifty special effects to that effect.... whether the bullets did get drawn off course by the skull I dunno but they didn't show anything to that effect so I was left slightly confused how they all missed him at point blank range.

The ending. OK so he deserves to settle down if he wants to. But I was expecting someone to rush in (like maybe when the ceremony is over and they're kissing) and say "Indy! Some people are trying to [something] down in [somewhere]" and he'd look at his now wife and she'd look at him and say "Well what are you waiting for?". And he'd smile, grab his hat off that kid and rush out. Just to say that although he might have a family now, doesn't stop him still being the renegade we grew to love, and that his wife understands that (and maybe she goes along with him and rips the bottom of her dress off and runs out, and we see through the church doors as she jumps onto his car and ride off whislt the son smiles and explains to the guests).... *ahem* well thats what I was expecting anyway..... Maybe him simply putting his hat back on was saying all of that anyway.

There were a couple of other bits that were like huh but OK. The swinging through the trees was over the top but funny (I think it was mainly the CGing during that section that made it look unrealistic) in an enjoyable way and I was expecting the 3 waterfalls as soon as the guy said "It drops three times" when they were on the water so I found it funny too. Same with the snake scene which some don't seem to like. I loved the atomic bomb scene from the moment you first see the dummys. The romance thing was a bit rushed.

Personally for me, all the Indiana Jones films have aspects that I feel drag or don't really click with me. But overall they're entertaining for sitting back and enjoying the ride. And I felt this film was very enjoyable for that fact. I think they did a great job, I was wondering if they would do as well as Die Hard 4 for reviving an old trilogy and they did, they even used one of the same tactics (bring in a younger kid for the younger generation, whether its needed I dunno, and I preferred the Die Hard 4 kid, but it was fine regardless).
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Kool well what elce can one say its always nice to have a funn discusion and learning what other think about a movie i seen.

So thanks for posting AC and gang

my two cents i liked the movies alot it was in keeping with the rest of the series and i did like some of the jokes like "Ohh this was alot easyer in the past" when he swings to truck nr 1 but ladns in truck nr two.
Live is too short to waste it make sure its with the one u love !
MAIL : [email protected]