Pandora Directive and The Crystal Skull

Hey. I didn't see The Crystal Skull yet, but I just read a plot synopsis and saw some amazing similarities between it and the Pandora Directive:

!!!!Spoiler Alert!!!!!

Go to Area 51 and retrieve one of several crystal skulls. Begin quest to unite skull with other crystal skulls which, when assembled, unlock alien power. Go to South America - Explore Mayan ruins. Find skulls. Find space ship.

Sound familiar?
From the very first time I saw the trailer, I've thought the same thing. Roswell? Mayan temple? Guy in a fedora? Hmm... :)
Maybe this is payback for Amazon: Guardians of Eden :lol:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=2820308
joliet_jane wrote:Maybe this is payback for Amazon: Guardians of Eden :lol:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=2820308
Wow, reminds me of the old Sierra User Interfaces.
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).
When I first played Tex, I racked my brain trying to figure out who Tex reminded me off... Then in the Late 90s I was playing one of the games and had Last Crusade on the TV and I just happened to look at the TV and then back at Tex and back again and I was like YES! THAT'S IT!!!... lol Tex Reminds me of the stuff Indy gets into...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Is it just me... or is that Suzanne Barnes of Chelsee fame playing Darleen in those screenshots...
Her bio at IMDB doesn't say anything about it...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0055796/

I can't find anything on the Title Amazon: Guardians Of Eden either... So I guess it is possible, but Undocumented...
Were there Voice Overs to go with the Screen shots like in Martian Memorandum???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

whoops didn't see this.. I've alerted EVERYONE that Pandora came up with it first and that Crystal Skull is a ripoff of what Pandora Directive did way way way before this.
mr_cyberpunk wrote:whoops didn't see this.. I've alerted EVERYONE that Pandora came up with it first and that Crystal Skull is a ripoff of what Pandora Directive did way way way before this.
Don't be silly. This legend has been well documented in history way before the both ever came out (including the mysterious skulls, although not actually crystal). It's just another interpretation of documented history, not a rip-off.

-Cub. =o)
Actually in an Interview Harrison Ford did a few years back, he said that the 4th Indiana Jones was written in the early 90s, and they were just hashing out details about where to film, when to film, the budget, who else to play what parts and so forth... So really if you think about it, Indiana Jones and Pandora were pretty much written at the same time... Just AC was able to Film and Distribute long before Indiana Jones was...

In the 90s, there was a huge "alien" craze, caused largely by The X-Files, which, incidentally, is also getting a film, and also had some story arcs about alien contact with ancient peoples.
Everyone forgetting about the Phantom?
A sansGUI interface is one that does not have the small features called "Windows". The term comes from the French word sans, meaning "without".

SansGUI's are more typically used in Unix-like Operating Systems. The conventional wisdom is that a GUI (Grapical User Interface) help guide the casual computer user to perform routine tasks with Point and Click simplicity. SansGUI's have acquired considerable acceptance for users accustomed to the CLI (Command Line Interface).
SansGUI wrote:Everyone forgetting about the Phantom?
You mean that purple guy with the ring?
Yeah, the Phantom was a Comic Book Character though...
Things with Skulls have been around for decades... So there is no telling where it really started... Crystal Skulls, like in Indiana Jones and what the Phantom was based on, have been in legends and myths for years...

I actually took the time to watch the movie version of the Phantom. It was utter crap, except for that one scene with David Proval getting shot. That was frickin' hilarious!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!