20 years ago...

Last edited by Alexander on August 09, 2014 • 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It was in the August 1994th. I was in the computer games shop. I saw one guy who played the computer game. I was interested and came up to have a look. I noticed that it was interactive movie. I asked the guy about this game. Не explained to me that it was the game named “Under a Killing Moon” about a famous P.I. Tex Murphy. I was intrigued and decided to buy this game. At that time my English was very poor and I played with the dictionary. My friend knew English better and he helped me. With his help I finished UAKM with 839 of 1000 points. Since that time I became Tex’s fan.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
I never played for points. I played for the fun of solving a mystery. Who would have guessed buying a fax machine would land you on a space station? Loved the wild ride.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Well, Samantha, I also played for fun but I always tried to get the maximum game points. My best result was 1016 of 1000 points.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Oh my... it really has been 20 years since I first discovered Tex. :shock:

:mrgreen:
Jen wrote:Oh my... it really has been 20 years since I first discovered Tex. :shock:

You were playing Tex at 5 years old?? :wink:
Chandler wrote:
Jen wrote:Oh my... it really has been 20 years since I first discovered Tex. :shock:

You were playing Tex at 5 years old?? :wink:
You are so sweet! :D
Hmmm...strange, I do remember in 1994 playing Tex as a 9 year old but even stranger is where the years between then and now disappeared to. I'm starting to know how Tex felt in Tesla now.
LOL! Lost years?

I felt like I got drop-kicked into the land of the lost and wandered around aimlessly when I became pregnant and had my two kids. It's only been the last few years that I found civilization again. :)
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
silvermitt wrote:LOL! Lost years?

I felt like I got drop-kicked into the land of the lost and wandered around aimlessly when I became pregnant and had my two kids. It's only been the last few years that I found civilization again. :)
My wife, and a lot of our female friends who are mothers, have expressed the same sentiment. The most often heard phrase from them in those days was, "I just want to talk to some adults!".
Jen wrote:You are so sweet! :D
:P
I was 15 when I first played Under a Killing Moon and that was 20 years ago. My first computer loaded games from cassette tape. Can't help but feel a little bit old now.
This bohemian photo-bombed Coit Tower's selfie.
Stinkypelmet wrote:I was 15 when I first played Under a Killing Moon and that was 20 years ago. My first computer loaded games from cassette tape. Can't help but feel a little bit old now.
Well, Stinkypelmet, I was 16 in 1994. A little bit elder than you. And I feel a little bit old too.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Ha! You guys are kids compared to me :P