replaying UAKM

gee I was playing UAKM & I can't beleive I have never noticed this before.
Tex's closet door was open & I saw four fedora's, trench coats & white sandshoes in his closet.
lol , OMG after all this time & still laughing.

I was in my office the other day & my niece was doing some work for me & I said to her
"If anything happens to me I want you to log into tex murphy & tell all my friends that I am dead" she then said "are you serious" I repeated "yes I am" LOL
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Tex aligns himself with cartoon wardrobe logic.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Yeah, when you look in the closet Tex says something like "All I've ever needed was a Soft Fedora, a Trench Coat and a good pair of Sneakers. Some people know what they like and they stick with it."...

My exact wording might be off, but that's roughly what he says...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Well that brings up 2 questions.

1. Did Tex wear the same trench coat and hat that he wore in UAKM in Pandora?
2. If yes, was it the trench coat and hat Sylvia got him?

But the great thing about unspecified things is you can make them out the way you want them
to be.
Bjyman wrote:1. Did Tex wear the same trench coat and hat that he wore in UAKM in Pandora?
2. If yes, was it the trench coat and hat Sylvia got him?
No, this is why he had so many, so he couldn't remember which one she got him... :lol:
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Knowing Tex's luck he'd probably pick out Sylvia's anyways.
At the end of Overseer Sylvia gives Tex a fedora and a trench coat that belonged to Humphrey Bogart. When Tex tries it on, they realize it is too short and Sylvia suggests he frame it, which, if I am not mistaken, he does. But, it would seem he was so impressed with the idea of a fedora and trench coat and its relative association with the old-time status of a Spade-like PI, Tex adopts these as his own personal PI ID.

Does this mean he wore the same hat and coat in UAKM and PD? Who knows? Props change as do costumes and other interesting items. As an example, the "pedal looking thing" behind the counter at Rusty's in PD was not in UAKM.

All of this serves as a springboard for discussions such as the one we are having now. And that is precisely what helps keep Tex hopes alive.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
According to AC, if I remember right, Chris picked up the Fedora on a Boardwalk somewhere and they have always used that Hat... So I'm guessing it's the same hat...

Right! And it was Tex who said he could frame Bogart's coat, not Sylvia. I remember seeing it somewhere, perhaps Pandora. I'll take a look today and see if I can spot it.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"