UAKM ending music

Last edited by movingfellow on December 09, 2010 • 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The search is finally over!

The music is by Michael Conn and can be found in the De Wolfe Music Library. Click this link, then scroll down all to way to DWCD 0157 track 7. The song is called "Track Test."

The information comes to me from just a kind soul on the Internet who came across it and recognized it as the song I was looking for. Thank goodness for people like that, and just in time for Christmas.

Of course I originally asked Aaron Conners for help, with no reply. It's possible he did not remember what the song was called or where it was found. It was after all over a decade and half ago.

Repeat: THE SEARCH IS OVER.

Edited: 12/09/10
(Original post follows)

There was some stock music during the ending sequence of UAKM, when everything was blowing apart, but it was really good. I heard it used in some other productions, including a "making of" special of Star Trek: The Next Generation. It was really futuristic-sounding and electronic.

I actually emailed the development team something like 12 or 13 years ago to ask what it was, and I remember them saying it was called something like "Foundations" and might be found at a local radio station. Well, I felt too young to just call radio station and say, hey, do you have this music and could I have it? What if they charged me like 3,000 dollars for an entire library of the stuff? Ha.

Well, I still like that music after all this time and figured, hey, maybe there are some dedicated people here who know what I'm talking about. Do you know where I might be able to find a clean version of the song?

I still feel a little awkward calling the radio station. :)
You mean this track? http://www.provisionaustralia.com.au/Pr ... kmend2.mp3

...that's all I could conjure up I am sorry. I will keep looking.

-Cub. =o)
Isn't that the song that starts playing when Tex is making his way to the Escape Pod???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Bafitis wrote:Isn't that the song that starts playing when Tex is making his way to the Escape Pod???
Yep.

-Cub. =o)
Yeah I like that one too... I wasn't sure if MovingFellow meant the song at the Credits, though I don't remember if UAKM had a song during the credits... I Love the song at the end of Pandora though, that song is so fitting for the atmosphere of the game, in my opinion...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Yes, that's it!!!

Do you know where we can find the whole song?
I'd have to play the game and look at the credits again, but if you know the Artist you might be able to find it on something like WinMX or Itunes or something...

But if it is available elsewhere someone here might know...

Bafitis wrote:I'd have to play the game and look at the credits again, but if you know the Artist you might be able to find it on something like WinMX or Itunes or something...

But if it is available elsewhere someone here might know...
Whoa, it is not as simple as looking in the credits. If it were, I would not have gone a decade and a half without owning a copy, lol.

It's stock music, meaning that the original artist is unnamed and uncredited. It doesn't come from an album or single, but rather a music library. Businesses buy them along with the rights to use them in commercial productions, so they are very expensive.

I have searched every online stock music website for "foundations" with very little to show for it. Unfortunately I do not have the original email from the developers (lost it on an old computer from the dial-up days), so it's possible I have the name wrong.
Okay, I didn't know... I never paid that close attention...

I don't know the programs myself, but I've seen them mentioned here and there around the message board, there are programs that can extract the Audio and Video clips from the game files...

Don't worry, I have put someone in touch the creators of Under a Killing Moon, and should get a reply shortly.

-Cub. =o)
D'oh, we're still no closer to finding out the name of this song, are we?
I'm prepared to offer real money in exchange for information that leads to my owning a complete unedited version of this song!

How much does someone need to come forward? A hundred bucks? :)
It's Thanksgiving here in the US and I'd be SUPER THANKFUL to anyone with information about this song. :mrgreen:
I can't help. I've been looking for this music for almost as long as you have. It's easily the most infuriating song to try and find. If anybody can find it, please help.

Random
Tex - "Was the picture of me flattering at least?"
Lucia - "Is that even possible?"
$300 American to anyone who can lead me to the full unedited version. Seriously.