Found a UAKM reference on YouTube :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI3Rl6o_ ... re=related

Me Lol at the 4 disc joke.. You know how revolutionary UAKM was based on the fact that it filled 4 fully optimized CDs. (same goes for Pandora (but not Overseer because that was heavily un-optimized :D))

Still its a funny find don't ya think :D
that's funny!! See, still in the hearts of the american people...and those who aren't american as well. :D
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
The optimisation of space with UAKM and PD was amazing. And I often remember PD having significantly better video quality than the CD version of Overseer, which ussed the TERRIBLE 'smacker' compression codec A 10fps (or something stupid like that)! The DVD version used Bink, but it was still interlaced footage. The smacker footage was interlaced too but used the black line form to cover up the compression, and it looked terrible.

Overseer was a great game, but it had no where near the same 'rounded' feel that UAKM or PD had. Esp. with the sound as well, but we can blame Intel for that whole RSX-3D fiasco.

-Cub. =o)
Hey, I still have that Game... Yes, I admit it, on top of being a Tex Addict, I am indeed a Trekky...

Anyone else think they are a Trekky??? I'm probably alone as far as this goes, aren't I???

http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_startrek.php
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Funnest thing to do in the Final Unity game, Warp 9.9 RIGHT INTO ROMULAN SPACE! Best bit is when you encounter their 3 man armada of warbirds :D and own all of them.. MR WORF TIME FOR SOME PWNAGE! "YES SIR!"
Bafitis wrote:Hey, I still have that Game... Yes, I admit it, on top of being a Tex Addict, I am indeed a Trekky...

Anyone else think they are a Trekky??? I'm probably alone as far as this goes, aren't I???

http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_startrek.php

Trekky here...have been for years. Have all the movies on dvd. But none of the shows on dvd (cant justify that sort of money on something I wont watch that often).

Melanie
Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk KU Wins 2008 NCAA Tourney.
"The futures uncertain and the end is always near." Jim Morrison
"What the duece?" Stewie Griffin
"No one gets me, baby. I'm the wind" Tom Servo.
That's how I feel about the Shows... I have all the movies on DVD and VHS, just because I replaced my VHS with DVDs, doesn't mean I need to throw out good Star Trek Stuff... lol

If someone wants to get me the Shows for B-Day or X-Mas Presents, I won't argue, but I ain't spendin' that for those shows...
mr_cyberpunk wrote:Funnest thing to do in the Final Unity game, Warp 9.9 RIGHT INTO ROMULAN SPACE! Best bit is when you encounter their 3 man armada of warbirds :D and own all of them.. MR WORF TIME FOR SOME PWNAGE! "YES SIR!"
What do you mean by Own All Of Them???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Internet slang. To own someone means to defeat them, usually without too much effort. When totally outclassing someone, the term has become bastardized into pwning, which comes from misspelling the original term. Nowadays it's the superlative to owning, it seems.

Also, if I misunderstood the nature of your question, please disregard the above.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Nah, that sounds like a good enough answer...

Cyberpunk must use the Cheat Codes... I like to think of myself as a true gamer and only resort to Walkthroughs and Cheat Codes as a very last resort... I need the game to become almost unenjoyable before I'll think about cheating...

Bafitis wrote:Nah, that sounds like a good enough answer...

Cyberpunk must use the Cheat Codes... I like to think of myself as a true gamer and only resort to Walkthroughs and Cheat Codes as a very last resort... I need the game to become almost unenjoyable before I'll think about cheating...
First off, I wouldn't go calling me any lesser gamer than you since I do get paid to do this for a living.

Secondly, I don't use cheat codes, the warbirds are easy if you know how to use the photon torpedoes properly.

And lastly I have never used cheat codes unless they have some cool unkown feature of easter egg that I thought was cool.

And OWNED = to have a sense that something is one's bitch :D in this case, the warbirds :D
That is hands down the best definition of the word 'owned' I have ever read. Seriously.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Dude, relax... I wasn't saying you were any less of a Gamer... I wouldn't call anyone that...
My apologies for implying that you possibly used cheat codes... Not using them myself, I understand how offensive it could be to be accused of it... My bad for poor use of words...