Was Sylvia mentioned in Martian Memorandum?

I couldn't remember if she was or not. Her picture is on Tex's desk at the beginning of UAKM, and she makes a cameo (albeit in the form of a slightly less attracitve actress) at the end as well, but honestly I don't remember whether or not she was even mentioned in MM. It's been awhile since i've played MM though.

Is she mentioned in PD by the way?
Sylvia herself isn't in PD, but a picture of her is in Tex's office. She's not mentioned in MM at all, probably because of Tex's relationship with Rhonda Foxworth, Marshall Alexander's secretary.

A loyal Tex Murphy fan,

Hammerhead
There is also the Flash Back scene in UAKM if you examine one of the two chairs in front of Tex's desk... She appears with Rudy just as Tex is coming home... Tex talks about her in PD, but there aren't any Flash Backs that I can think of...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
As far as I remember - when Tex examines a photo of Sylvia in PD, he tells a short story while the photo actually morphs into a dragon that spits fire at him. That's when he quickly throws the photo in a drawer and closes it.
Wasn't the original Sylvia played by AC's wife or something?

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
netroam wrote:As far as I remember - when Tex examines a photo of Sylvia in PD, he tells a short story while the photo actually morphs into a dragon that spits fire at him. That's when he quickly throws the photo in a drawer and closes it.
Yes, he says that the photo was taken on their anniversary, and then he says something along the lines of "Wonder why we could never make it work"... that's when it turns into a dragon and tries to breathe fire on him, and he slams it into his drawer.

In UAKM, looking at the same photo triggers the whole 'Rudy' flashback sequence.

-Cub. =o)
I could of swore it was the chairs... But you're probably right... It's been too long since I've played, I really need to take some time and play through them...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Bafitis wrote:I could of swore it was the chairs... But you're probably right... It's been too long since I've played, I really need to take some time and play through them...
Haha... I dunno why but I just remember these kind of things. When he clicks on the chairs he says something about them being scotch-guarded and how they are practically indestructible.

-Cub. =o)
Yeah I remember that line... Something like These Chairs Will Stand Up To Anything, And I Oughtta Know...

But now that I think about it, I remember him looking at the Picture when he says he walked in on her and the guy, then it cuts to the scene...

Syl: Ohh Rudy, You're So Strong. Hold Me. Ohhh Tex Never Held Me Like This, Kiss Me...

Meanwhile poor old Tex is standing in the door "Coughing"... lol

Yeah haha! I will never forget the line: "From here on in Rudy, customer servicing doesn't include my wife!"

Classic line!

-Cub. =o)
uhmm, How about I don't charge you for the Labor and we call it even?
What kind of deal is that??? lmao

See Honey, I Saved You Money, AGAIN... Makes you wonder how many handymen Sylvia has "Supervised"...

Fred Buer wrote:Wasn't the original Sylvia played by AC's wife or something?

-Fred
If so, he's a lucky man! Hottest actress ever to appear in a Tex Murphy game IMHO.
And was it CJ's wife who appeared as a waitress in Overseer, during the beginning of the game?

I recall something about someone's wife being in the game, but I can't recall who or where or what with any certainty.

Speaking of the guys' families, didn't Doug "Rook" Vandegrift's daughter use to visit these boards?

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
didn't Doug "Rook" Vandegrift's daughter use to visit these boards?
Actually, it was his son. I believe his name is also Doug.

Hammerhead
Hammerhead wrote:
didn't Doug "Rook" Vandegrift's daughter use to visit these boards?
Actually, it was his son. I believe his name is also Doug.

Hammerhead
No, it was a girl. Here's her profile:
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/mess ... file&u=472

And Doug Jr. was one of the artists who worked on 3 Cards to Midnight! I asked Chris to clear up the Doug/Doug thing when they interviewed on a web radio show (*sigh*, :) ), and he explained it.