Well, I've finally done it....

Last week I won an original copy of Martian Memorandum in the original box complete and received it two days ago and I am happy to say that my quest to obtain all the Tex Murphy games in the original cases is complete. And let me tell you, staring at those beautiful games sitting there like a beacon of joy in the middle of the night.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Congrats! They look cool, don't they! Have a picture?

Enjoy!!!!

Jen
You didn't say that was your goal before... You said that you were trying to acquire as many Tex games as you could... I figured you were just trying to get as many copies of any of them that you could... Misunderstood, if I knew you were just trying to complete your personal collection it would have been a lot easier to help...

Congratulations all the same... I ditto Jen, "Have A Picture?"

I have all the games myself as well... The first 2 are packed up somewhere, but I also have them on a CD that was titled Private Eye Mysteries... That came with 2 other games titled Crime Wave and Countdown... Never did get into those other 2...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Post a pic if you have!
David
Congratulations!
Now... photo photo photo photo!! :D
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
testing testing 1,2,3,....

I thinned out my collection a bit ago, took out a lot of duplicates. It doesn't hold a candle to Jim's, but it gives me a chuckle when I look at it.
Congrats @ Adninsreaction That´s really cool, I couldn´t really get my hands on MS and MM in Germany, but I guess I´ll have to purchase it directly from the USA somewhen, still it is my goal to own the first two games aswell.
@ Jen
Wow that is impressing. :D
Thanks for sharing the pic, now that´s something I like. :D
Grats Adnins! Maybe one day i too will have copies of all the tex games. These days, i'd just settle for the only FMV one i don't have, Under a Killing Moon.

Also, i am both impressed and scared by your tex collection Jen ^^
I gots a webcomic! http://yetanothercomic.com
That is one nice lookin' wall, Jen! I still need to get my copies of the UAKM poster framed...they're sitting propped up on my desk in the plastic covers they came in.
Ok....my piddly little collection does not compare to yours Jen. I am humbled. I wish I had some kick ass posters and stuff. However, if all goes well, I shall have my Tex Murphy arcade game up and running in no time. :o) As soon as I get a picture of what I have I shall post them on here so everyone can see. I also just won an auction with a best offer for a copy of Mean Streets for commodore. I got it for a total of $7.75. I was pretty jazzed about that.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
Bafitis wrote:You didn't say that was your goal before... You said that you were trying to acquire as many Tex games as you could... I figured you were just trying to get as many copies of any of them that you could... Misunderstood, if I knew you were just trying to complete your personal collection it would have been a lot easier to help...

Congratulations all the same... I ditto Jen, "Have A Picture?"

I have all the games myself as well... The first 2 are packed up somewhere, but I also have them on a CD that was titled Private Eye Mysteries... That came with 2 other games titled Crime Wave and Countdown... Never did get into those other 2...

You weren't wrong...I had posted in an earlier thread that I was wanting to collect as many of the games as possible for a possible future Tex Murphy online super store...but due to the fact that I am broke I haven't been able to go crazy like I had been doing the past few months. But finally getting all of the games in their original boxes with complete jewel case and inserts was really my primary goal. Mission accomplished!!! Now I'm just in reacquire mode...as in, I will acquire more items as I go along. Funny you mention that Private Eye Mysteries cd...it's up for auction on Ebay right now....for a whopping $129.00!!!!!!!!!! I am not paying that much for that disk..no way in hell. Although, it would be cool to get for my friend Steve (MacMalden on this board) because he doesn't have those two games, nor has he ever played them.
Yeah I've seen those auctions on eBay as well... Last time I saw the Private Eye Mysteries on eBay it was only 80 something... Crazy how somethings are worth a small fortune while other things that you think should be worth something is only like 5 bucks...

I was going through some boxes not too long ago that my parents brought me while they were doing some house/garage cleaning and I found a Very Old {at least 30 years} Peanuts Lunch Box... It's in great shape... Looked it up on eBay, figured maybe I'd stick it out there... It's going for less than 10 bucks... I was kind of disappointed... Oh well, it's back in the box and is now in my basement instead of my parents... lol

Congrats with the collection though...
Good luck with the Arcade Game...

I've talked to someone I know and I'm looking into what it will cost to make a Tex Murphy Pinball Machine... I mentioned it somewhere else on this Message board and ever since then it's been stuck in my head, so I figured might as well try...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Gotta admit, a tex murphy pinball game would be sweet....equipped with all the favorite one liners and everything....
Yeah, and like most pinball games it would have little mini-quests for you to complete to advance a level... Something like Hit 10 bumpers to arrest Mick Flemm, hit all Mystery Holes to defeat The Black Arrow Killer, things like that...

Unlock Chelsea Bando... Unlock Regan Madsen... Unlock Wanda Peck... YES!! MULTIBALL!!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!