Mean Streets - wow.

I'm currently playing this for the first time and i'm having a blast. I'm also having a laugh at the same time. Not in a bad way, but just at the sheer authenticity of the game. The way it hasn't been updated in any manner, they've left it in the same bare bones state it was released in back then. The dodgy music, pixellated graphics and robotic physics - i love it! It's such a sentimental game for me. I'm glad i'm playing and i'm even happier that this is the first time i've ever played it. This is what made games great and different. No epic cinematics, text based dialogue, action, driving and detective work. It's perfect. It's dated it's shameless, so classic yet so brilliant! It's like watching an old 1960s episode of Doctor Who or listening to an early demo tape recorded in the house that Paul McCartney and John Lennon lived in during their late teens when they were forming the Beatles.

I just can't sum it up enough.

Yet today with the most modern of computer technology, they can't get the balance right. There's just always that tendency for action to supercede the story and sense of gameplay. I suppose my request to AC for the next Tex game is to inject some of the magic of MS into it. That is, a mix of driving, dialogue, detective work, running and gunning. This is great stuff! I can't wait to get into Martian Memorandum.

I've gotta post this over at BigFinish too, as much as i'm against post whoring.
Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a driving element placed in the New Tex game either... I can do without the Gunning though... I kind of like Tex as a Peaceful P.I.... The occasional fist fight is okay, but I kind of like the MacGyver style...

Glad you're enjoying MS, you should like MM even better then... Let us know when you get to it... Both are great games...

I plan on buying all 5 together once they release Pandora and Overseer... Hopefully they do a bundle pack for all 5 games, if not that's okay too...

Right now the first 4 work very well off the Flash Drive I got from DrPaul, so I'm not in a pressing need to get any of them but Overseer...
But to Support BigFinish, once Overseer is released, I'll buy all 5...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
The images and sounds are astounding for its age. As my avatar shows, I'm especially fond of how he thinks of eating everything he looks at, and what happens if you do.

After playing the other Tex games, this picture is just so :lol:
Half the time I feel like I'm playing Red Barron during those driving scenes..

lol
mr_cyberpunk wrote:Half the time I feel like I'm playing Red Barron during those driving scenes..

lol
Except in Red Baron you could actually control what you were flying
I only played the last two tex games. I would love to play Mean streets and under a killing moon. Where can I get Mean Streets and does it work on vista?
Rogue, good to see you posting...

Scroll up and Look at the Very Top of the Message Board... Everything you need to know can be gotten through there...

ALL 5 games have been tweaked and now work on XP and Vista... Though from what I hear Overseer is still a little buggy, so you might not want to go for that one...

But if you've only played Pandora and Overseer, you have got to play Under A Killing Moon... Mean Streets and Martian Memorandum are a bit old school, but extremely enjoyable games... The graphics aren't like UAKM, Pandora, or Overseer, but they are awesome games...

They are very reasonably priced too if you want my opinion... Plus the profits go to the Creators which will help fund the Sequel to 3 Cards Till Midnight and Secret Project Fedora...

Happy Gaming...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...